Gegard Mousasi not happy about Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker interim title fight

Yeah, they definitely need a formula. Who has the most "twitter followers" is a terrible way to decide who gets promoted, when it's the UFC's job to promote and they routinely fail at it.
Considering how salaries can vary so wildly, there should be a much clearer path to paydays. The only real clear one is a title shot. If you get a title shot that opens you up to more Reebok money, PPV points and headline spots.
I agree that Moose should be getting paid more, because as he said, he is always headlining or co-headlining cards..but I think he needs 1 more win for a TS. Moose undoubtedly has a more impressive resume than Whittaker, but giving the TS to Moose would feel like giving an older actor an Academy Award for their body of work, and not their actual recent accomplishments. Whittaker isn't far above Moose though...it's really that one win over Jacare, and how Whittaker put him away that gives him the edge for me.
I understand that, and that's why I am not complaining.
But to use your analogy, I do think that a TS is due to your body of work, and not only your last fight.

Yes, your last fight should have more weight than your older fights, but if you have been fighting killers, it is understandable if your resume is not filled with easy finishes.

Whitakers only notable win is Jacare lol Romero should have got the shot period.

Finishing brunson, who was top ten and on a nice streak, was also a notable win for the non casual mma fans.

“They should pay me. I’m a co-main event all the time, so it’s not like people don’t know me. I think I earned it. Don’t tell me it’s a fair sport. It should have to do with rankings. I’m up there. I’ve fought more than 10 years. I’ve earned it. I thought I was ranked higher than Whittaker. He’s skipping three spots. I don’t understand it. But I think USADA time is a different time now. There’s only one guy left. Luke Rockhold. That’s the fight the UFC wants to make. But it’s taking a long time. I think that’s a fight fans would like. I have a month and a half left on my contract, then I can go talk to other people.” - Moose

Promotion president Dana White was never a big fan of Mousasi (42-6-2), who despite a torrid five-fight winning streak with four finishes, can’t seem to sell tickets to any of his mixed martial arts (MMA) main events.

See those comments here.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/25/1...omero-vs-robert-whittaker-interim-title-fight
He hasn't earned shit lol, gatekeeper is what he his and even Dana said it.

Have you blue eyes?
Are you blond?
Are you American?
Do you fight with wild Style?
Do you look scary?

Sorry we cant promote you.

I understand that, and that's why I am not complaining.
But to use your analogy, I do think that a TS is due to your body of work, and not only your last fight.

Yes, your last fight should have more weight than your older fights, but if you have been fighting killers, it is understandable if your resume is not filled with easy finishes.
I get what you're saying, and I do agree to an extent.
I think the problem with Moose that I have is that I'm just mainly looking at his UFC fights. Most of the guys he's fought in the UFC, until fairly recently, have been pretty mediocre...or on the downside of their careers. He has excellent wins in other organizations though, but I just look at those as too long ago to count now...especially considering how strong the MW division is right now.
I wouldn't of been mad at all though if he had got the interim spot over Whittaker, he's right there as far as I'm concerned.

Have you blue eyes?
Are you blond?
Are you American?
Do you fight with wild Style?
Do you look scary?

Sorry we cant promote you.

That's silly. Look at who the UFC has pushed in recent years. They've tried to reach new markets like Mexico (pushing Cain, then Yair), European markets (Conor, Gus always fights in main events), women's MMA, and Brazil. The UFC still will push a white American like Sage, but they will push anyone that could make money in a new market too.

Gegard got KTFO by Uriah Hall and both Whittaker and Yoel have longer winning streaks against better fighters.

Stay in your lane bro.

Finishing brunson, who was top ten and on a nice streak, was also a notable win for the non casual mma fans.
Brunson lmao that dude was so good he played pattycake with a 40 yr old silva who's like 1-5 and lost Top10 my ass lol

NIck Diaz put a better fight up and he laid on the canvas

Mousasi- rockhold

Whittaker- Romero

Both great fights, we the fans win.

Meanwhile the "champ" somehow managed to avoid fighting anyone relevant or even ranked for that matter...

I think he is still a fight away from a title shot. Give him Rockhold in a #1 contenders match next.

If YOU call this guy "moose" YOU are a douche...........

Guy has been around 10 years and accomplished NOTHING!
Hasn't been in the UFC that long, even if he won a Bellator title to put with his DREAM and Strikeforce titles you'd say he hasn't accomplished shit until he wins a UFC title. Give him time.

Brunson lmao that dude was so good he played pattycake with a 40 yr old silva who's like 1-5 and lost Top10 my ass lol

NIck Diaz put a better fight up and he laid on the canvas

Oh, I didn't realize you were that type of fan. My bad. Carry on.

Mousasi lost to Hall and Jacare quite recently.

Whittaker is 2-0 against them. Mousasi has 5 fight win streak at MW. Robert has 6. Easy choice really.
How is it recently that moose lost those if he is on a 5 fight streak?

Both guys deserved it, but coming off their last fights, Whittaker deserves it that bit more.

What he did to Jacare was unprecedented.

A fair amount of Mousasi's grievances are legitimate, but both Romero and Whittaker deserve to be higher up the ladder than he is.

Poor Moose....... Stfu and wait your turn.

Mousasi had a good streak right now.

But romero and Whittaker both have better runs anyway. Division is stacked

The 2 aren't even close in terms of who's better or the better resume.Hendo,Belfort,Weidman all prior Champs.

They're setting Whitaker up like Yair another Epic beat down coming.

Can't wait for you to see the fall
Jacare's a better win than TRT-less Hendo and Vitor. Plus, the Weidman "win" was due to poor officiating.

It's a shit show. Sucks to be in UFC and a good fighter thats not in Danas favor. Look at Max went 10-0 (a record) before he got a shot. Ferguson 9-0 (also a record) and still no shot. They tried to fuck Yoel too. Basically Moose need one more and needs to fight Rockhold. Thats for sure gonna be #1 contender after.

How is it recently that moose lost those if he is on a 5 fight streak?

More recently than Whittaker has lost.

Really Mousasi is a great choice for a interim title fight. No one would really complain if he was there instead of Robert. But the thing is he is only the second best choice and Robert is available so it makes sense that they gave him the fight.

Back