Gear and Equipment forum rules discussion

Could the companies randomly contact the people who 'troll' the gear forum frequently and ask them to try out their new products, for free, and then put up a review?

Cuz that would be a sweet way to get some gear.

Fozzy said:
meng_mao - thats been happening for ages.

~Foz
I know; I was just trying to get some love sent my way. :icon_cry2

I have to say that it seems less than coincidental that Kirik and Jeff are both towing the same line with regards to Sprawl.

migo said:
I have to say that it seems less than coincidental that Kirik and Jeff are both towing the same line with regards to Sprawl.

Kirik?

~Foz

Fozzy said:
meng_mao - thats been happening for ages.

~Foz

Whoa, whoa, hold up here....

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME?

I'M PAYING OUT THE ASS FOR BJJ BOOKS AND ONE OF THEM IS SPONSORING GRAPPLING TECHNIQUE AND THE AUTHOR OF THE OTHER POSTS THERE YET NOBODY TOLD ME THIS?

I need to get in on this free stuff for detailed reviews thing.

lol :p

Well, you can't all be a crash-hot-review-dummy like the foz ;)

*pat*

~Foz

ps: Super, should we clean this thread up, and lock it with only jeff's posts?

oh, okay.... The UG shits me off, i dunno, the format of the forum is just, it gives me a headache, so I can't visit for more than a few mins...

I thought for a sec you had typo'd and meant Krikit :p

~Foz

"oh, okay.... The UG shits me off, i dunno, the format of the forum is just, it gives me a headache, so I can't visit for more than a few mins..."

Are you saying this forum is better than that one?

Fozzy said:
No offense, but anyone who looks at your posts, notices that, you took a 6 month break where you didn't post, didnt contribute, didn't come here or anything. A 6 month break where you didn't even contribute here? Back when we didnt have policies? and you're complaining, WHY?

~Foz

Honestly, the reason is that I'm really too busy these days with two jobs to post much on forums at all - but when I do post, I normally do on MMA.tv instead since they allow us as a sponsor. I would rather help promote a site that is willing to promote us. However if I ever did want to post here again, now I don't have that option.

The complaint is moreso that you don't allow us to advertise through your official means which is something I still don't quite understand... and that doesn't have to be private between me and Jeff, unless Jeff is the only person who makes earns a paycheck at Sherdog. All I'm looking for is a legitimate explanation why we can't (and why someone like SSFGear could if they wanted?). Our e-mails get ignored and the dialouge never gets going. This is the last time I'll ask about it here, or in e-mail. If you guys really never want to do business then that's fine, I will stop pursuing it for good.

The Real Chris Brennan said:
"oh, okay.... The UG shits me off, i dunno, the format of the forum is just, it gives me a headache, so I can't visit for more than a few mins..."

:eek: LOL

Keven

www.warrior-one.com

Ouch.

But the rules don't affect me.. well it sorta does now that I won't have any info on gear that comes out now that companies can't post. Oh well.. less products for me to choose from I guess.

I think that may be a good idea Foz.

Superbeast said:
I think that may be a good idea Foz.
What would that accomplish? I'm not being negative; I'd just like to know.

Well, the rules are the rules and they are arguably best displayed apart from conversation about them, which is better suited for Board and Site Suggestions.

Fozzy said:
oh, okay.... The UG shits me off, i dunno, the format of the forum is just, it gives me a headache, so I can't visit for more than a few mins...

I thought for a sec you had typo'd and meant Krikit :p

~Foz

I can see how that could have been confusing.

I'd have to say that the software used here is better. For the non paying users of both sites, I think this one is easier to use and has more options. You can post images easier and pm others here whereas you can't at the UG. As for the quality of posts, that's up for debate but I think the G&E section here is better than UG's.

i wouldnt know, havent visited there for years.

ours is better anyways :p

~Foz

Back