Gary Goodridge May Interview: Loves Big Rig; Can't stand GSP

ThunderL1ps

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Former Canadian MMA pioneer Gary Goodridge sounding good here. Shares his thoughts on a number of subjects including his current favourite fighter, Johnny Hendricks --- and GSP.

Starts at about 7:40.

Stay healthy Big Daddy.

[YT]UhZevk3NCvg [/YT]

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't know that Big Daddy was still a hardcore fan.

War Big Daddy.

Listening to Gary Goodridge talk these days gives credence to GSP's "safe" fighting style.

Former Canadian MMA pioneer Gary Goodridge sounding good here. Shares his thoughts on a number of subjects including his current favourite fighter, Johnny Hendricks --- and GSP.

Starts at about 7:40.

Stay healthy Big Daddy.

[YT]UhZevk3NCvg [/YT]

Prolly just a fan of exciting fights and towards the tail end of gsps career he wasnt having too many of those.

I wouldn't be able to stand GSP either if I were him

He's pretty active on Facebook. A lot of the old school (UFC 1-20, PRIDE 1-20 ish) MMA pioneers are.

260325_10152860126360503_1981482845_n.jpg

Prolly just a fan of exciting fights and towards the tail end of gsps career he wasnt having too many of those.

Are you sure because he was awarded FOTN against Kos, FOTY vs. Carlos, and FOTN vs Johny. The fight he headlined vs Shields not only set the all-time worldwide live gate for an MMA event but all set the North American attendance record for an MMA event.

One could hardly blame Georges for the Nick Diaz fight. It's not his fault a Cesar Gracie blackbelt kept crawling away from the ground fight. Georges, unlike Carlos, stood right in front of Nick during the stand-up portion of the fight.

Consumers do not take money out of their pocket to attend live events and purchase PPV that they do not believe are entertaining. Fans voted with their wallet and the message has always been clear.

Are you sure because he was awarded FOTN against Kos, FOTY vs. Carlos, and FOTN vs Johny. The fight he headlined vs Shields not only set the all-time worldwide live gate for an MMA event but all set the North American attendance record for an MMA event.

One could hardly blame Georges for the Nick Diaz fight. It's not his fault a Cesar Gracie blackbelt kept crawling away from the ground fight. Georges, unlike Carlos, stood right in front of Nick during the stand-up portion of the fight.

Consumers do not take money out of their pocket to attend live events and purchase PPV that they do not believe are entertaining. Fans voted with their wallet and the message has always been clear.

Easy to win FOTN in your home town. The attendance at the Rogers Centre was more about MMA being legalized in Ontario and the first UFC event than about GSP. I'm not saying there weren't GSP fans there, but a lot the people there were there for the event more than being hardcore fans of MMA. Fans were walking out of the show during his fight with Shields, lol. The UFC had to go back to a smaller venue in Toronto the next time out and GSP never fought in TO again.

Easy to win FOTN in your home town.

Yea, there's a reason the Kos fight was the first and last time the UFC let the fans pick the FOTN. And I'm a GSP fan. It was a nice performance, but there are at least 4 fights on that card I'd put ahead of it. Hell, I'd even put Pierson/Riddle ahead of it for laughs alone.

Listening to Gary Goodridge talk these days gives credence to GSP's "safe" fighting style.

they fight in a cage for a living. if you don't want to get hurt, work in a cubicle. defending safe fighting because it keeps you safe is retarded.

they fight in a cage for a living. if you don't want to get hurt, work in a cubicle. defending safe fighting because it keeps you safe is retarded.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on SD. And that's saying something.

Back