Garcia + Draculino instruction sites

Daihlo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wandering if any of you are members on these sites and if so, whats your feedback?

Specifically, how much new content do you get each month?
What do you think of the pricing?
Do the techniques feel like proper lessons, or a collection of clips?

What would you say are the main pros and cons of the sites?

Appreciate any feedback anyone can give!

Many thanks :)

go with team garcia - hard to beat learning from a 5 stripe gatekeeper.

I have a one-week free trial to Marcelo's site. It's pretty awesome. IT's been running for a couple months, so there's already A LOT of content on there. He runs through techniques a LITTLE faster than what we've seen in his videos, but you can always replay the videos at different slow-motion speeds.

It looks like it's updated almost daily too, and you can submit questions (no idea how long it takes to get answered though). Each technique is linked to videos of him rolling, pulling off the move, so you can see that it's not just "filler" moves to make the site look like a huge library.

I'm not going to continue with the site after the trial ends. Not because I don't like the site, but because of cost. $25 a month isn't TOO bad, but I'm already going to class myself and have a black belt instructor who will show me 90% of the stuff anyway, live and in-person.

If you had the money to throw around, I'd do it, or you don't quite have access to a brown or black belt instructor, I'd do it. I think this is as good as it gets, in terms of online instruction.

Oh, and in terms of the instruction, I think they just record him teaching to his class. Or they just re-do the lesson right after he teaches it or something. He'll normally show a move twice or so, from 1 or 2 angles.

They feel like proper lessons though, because he normally explains moves in combinations. I got a better feel of his X-guard "combos" that I didn't quite get from his book and DVD instructionals.

Can't think of any cons. It's not SUPER fast, loading, but it's nowhere near slow though. I wouldn't even call that a con.

I have not seen the Marcelo site, and I did some work on the Drac site - so take my review for what it is worth.

I think the Draculino site is very, very good. There is a clearly thought out sequence to the techniques, they are shot from three angles (you can switch the angle in real time,) and each video is under 4 minutes (most are less than three minutes.)

Drac begins each technique with a quick intro, then moves into the breakdown. At the end of the technical breakdown he performs the technique at full speed.

There are more than 300 techniques covering a range of positions and applications, from self-defense, to modern sport jiu jitsu.

It is a great resource for any BJJ player.

^ Heavy Grappler said it, but something to touch on that you mentioned in regards to " Do the techniques feel like proper lessons, or a collection of clips?"..dracs site offers a full curriculum that plans out a full lesson on a day to day basis exactly what you should teach, how to teach it and it follows a progressive learning path as opposed to just random techniques peppered throughout.

I have a full scale review of Drac's site floating around here somewhere on Sherdog. I'll try to find it and link you to it.

I have a one-week free trial to Marcelo's site. It's pretty awesome. IT's been running for a couple months, so there's already A LOT of content on there. He runs through techniques a LITTLE faster than what we've seen in his videos, but you can always replay the videos at different slow-motion speeds.

It looks like it's updated almost daily too, and you can submit questions (no idea how long it takes to get answered though). Each technique is linked to videos of him rolling, pulling off the move, so you can see that it's not just "filler" moves to make the site look like a huge library.

I'm not going to continue with the site after the trial ends. Not because I don't like the site, but because of cost. $25 a month isn't TOO bad, but I'm already going to class myself and have a black belt instructor who will show me 90% of the stuff anyway, live and in-person.

If you had the money to throw around, I'd do it, or you don't quite have access to a brown or black belt instructor, I'd do it. I think this is as good as it gets, in terms of online instruction.

Hey bro, How do I get the week free trial?

Hey bro, How do I get the week free trial?

They were giving it out a few months ago. I checked it out and it is very good. It is actual lessons that he teaches in class. Think there were close to 1500 different videos back then. They update almost daily.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Appreciate it.

Reason Im asking is, I film the series 'Invisible Jiu Jitsu' with Braulio Estima,
(on CageFilm.com - Martial Arts Instruction Online)
The series constantly gets nothing but excellent reviews, Braulio is a brilliant teacher as much as a fighter!
Im looking at the subscription approach for Braulios series and want to get an idea of pricing etc...

Im guessing there's most likely a large % of people who have a look at these sites then dont carry on the subscription for whatever reason. Is $25 a month too much for most considering class fees on top?

I really thought that Garcia was referring to Noctardo, not Marcelo when I first read the title lol.

Draculino also has a demo/free iPhone app that gives access to his entire technique library. (Free mode has ~20-25 techniques, pay mode has the entire library. Web subscribers get full access for free to the iphone app)

So two different approaches:
- Draculino has true lessons shot specifically for the web and goes deep
- Garcia has short clips meant to hit specific techniques and see live training

So it really boils down to what you are looking for - quality or quantity. For beginners (white/blue) I'd definitely recommend Draculino over Garcia. Upper belts it's more of a preference of instructional/learning style.

Im a member of mginaction.com "Marcelo's site" and I highly recomend joining if you can afford it. There is literally thousands of videos covering both gi and no gi techniques that you can search for seperatly as well as a search engine that will bring you to variations of whatever tech you may be looking for such as an armbar or sweep. Get some willing friends or a grappling dummy and mginaction.com is like having your own personal world class bjj black belt instructer right in your home. Another good thing is if you dont understand the tech you don't have to ask your instructor to repeat it over and over again, you just replay the clip.

I LOVE your Braulio series. I would really hate for you to move away from the 50ish minute mini instructionals you make now and move to the format of MGInAction or Dracs site. Those are both great sites, not to knock them, I just REALLY like how you do Braulios series.

Also, Drysdale is putting out a site similar to MG and Dracs from what I read, JJM has one I believe, Tinguinhas got one, probably some others out there or planned as well. It's refreshing to have something different in the CageFilm series.

I LOVE your Braulio series. I would really hate for you to move away from the 50ish minute mini instructionals you make now and move to the format of MGInAction or Dracs site. Those are both great sites, not to knock them, I just REALLY like how you do Braulios series.

Also, Drysdale is putting out a site similar to MG and Dracs from what I read, JJM has one I believe, Tinguinhas got one, probably some others out there or planned as well. It's refreshing to have something different in the CageFilm series.

Many thanks for the kind words! Thats what we get from everyone, the difference with Braulios series is each lesson is a private lesson and goes incredibly in depth.

However, if we do go to subscription basis, it will still be the same format, filmed the same way, just edited into bite size chunks!
In no terms will we be moving away fro the current format a it allows Braulio to really present his approach to both training and teaching.

- not saying the other sites dont do this, just that I know this is something we get constant feedback praising -

Out of interest, how many new vids are added to Drac and Garcias' sites every month, and how long do all these vids amount to timewise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back