Garbrandt vs Cruz was one of the most masterclass perfomances ever, what the hell happened?

TheLastStyleBender

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We never saw that Garbrandt before and I don't think we will ever see him again.

He went from a powerful (but effective) low iq brawler in his other fights to a masterclass, dancing and weaving chessmaster completely schooling the best ever to do it.

I would call it masterful performance, and he lost his confidence never to return

His downfall has been one of the most heartbreaking things in MMA these past couple of years

His masterclass against Cruz is one of my favorite performances ever

yeah that was one of the best title winning perfomances in recent memory against a highly touted champ

Cruz was off his game. Cruz got tagged a few times and decided to lead to get Cody back. Since when have we ever seen Cruz be the aggressor? Cruz went out of his usual comfort zone and got tooled.

Imagine other Cruz fights and imagine him as the aggressor, I can see him losing quite a few, it's not his wheelhouse.

I always feel that performance was a bit overhyped for Cody. It had a lot to do with Cruz fighting like an idiot...... Which pretty much never happens.

He'd still be awesome if he could resist the urge to swing with his chin out like a fucking idiot whenever he gets tagged.

Hopefully Mark Henry can sort him out.

Tjuice Sneakashaw took his soul

Cruz has terrible boxing and no power.

Garby had Cruz shook as fuck and Cruz fought angry

is norm

Except Chris defended his title 3 times after winning it instead of dropping 3 straight.
Yes Chris did accomplish more I mean being a young guy that trained and perfected the style to beat the long reigning champ in their division but would get thrashed by the other top contenders

You saw the same Garbrandt against TJ.He just wasn't fighting against Dom whose striking is worse compared to TJ

yeah that was one of the best title winning performances in recent memory against a highly touted champ
Yeah, between that fight and TJ/Barao ... those were the most "Well that didn't go anything like I imagined" fights.

During that performance i thought he was going to become the goat at bw. Boy i was wrong. I still think he can turn things around and get back the belt back.

We never saw that Garbrandt before and I don't think we will ever see him again.

He went from a powerful (but effective) low iq brawler in his other fights to a masterclass, dancing and weaving chessmaster completely schooling the best ever to do it.
I agree. I was pretty shocked at his downfall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back