Gangrel coming back to WWE for a redemption arc?

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
YES PLEEEAAASEE!!!

Edge brought back the totally awesome Brood theme back 5 months ago.

Edge recently got attacked by a stable he formed (and turned face)?

Gangrel as I understand, has some sort of resurgence in popularity in the past few years because of Indie shows, and his podcast. The Hardy's re-partnered with him to reform New Brood for some shows. And of course, he re-emerged in a TV event after decades I think.

Since Christian got signed to the AEW, he became a sensation for one hot minute. And with what happened to Cody, seems like WWE is keen to "stealing" talent back to their end. We could get a Brood reunion in WWE fingers crossed.

The Brood was a very interesting group. Their look, their theme, their entrance. Good times.
a32e1c83b92de39260c469e83b945dc27eecdb7d.gifv

Gangrel is old and fat and wasn't a good wrestler even in his prime. When he's wearing his shirt and just comes back to squash an endless series of jobbers i'm cool with it though.

He'd be fine as a manager w/limited ring work.

He'd be fine as a manager w/limited ring work.

Like as a valet? I don't remember his promos being too good so he wouldn't be a decent mouthpiece like a Cornette or Heenan

Like as a valet? I don't remember his promos being too good so he wouldn't be a decent mouthpiece like a Cornette or Heenan

He doesn't need to talk much considering E&C are more than capable, just interfere/even the odds depending on whether they're heel or face

Gangrel is old and fat and wasn't a good wrestler even in his prime. When he's wearing his shirt and just comes back to squash an endless series of jobbers i'm cool with it though.

I remember him being a pretty good technician/worker honestly. That and he had a really astounding presence with his gear and everything. Haven't watched WWE all that much in the past 15 years but everytime I do, the talent doesn't really seem to compare well with the Attitude era guys. Almost everyone of those guys can work really well.

I remember him being a pretty good technician/worker honestly. That and he had a really astounding presence with his gear and everything. Haven't watched WWE all that much in the past 15 years but everytime I do, the talent doesn't really seem to compare well with the Attitude era guys. Almost everyone of those guys can work really well.
Not sure what you remember of his work but he was a sloppy, monotonous brawler who seemed to attempt to imitate the dynamic style of a Barry Windham or Dustin Rhodes but couldn't pull it off and ended up with a style which bore more resemblance to a mix of Mideon and Brutus Beefcake.

The best thing about Gangrel was his cool entrance, which is why i said i'd be fine with him showing up just squashing jobbers in 2 minutes or something. I kind of have the same opinion about the Boogeyman.

Not sure what you remember of his work but he was a sloppy, monotonous brawler who seemed to attempt to imitate the dynamic style of a Barry Windham or Dustin Rhodes but couldn't pull it off and ended up with a style which bore more resemblance to a mix of Mideon and Brutus Beefcake.

The best thing about Gangrel was his cool entrance, which is why i said i'd be fine with him showing up just squashing jobbers in 2 minutes or something. I kind of have the same opinion about the Boogeyman.

I did a search and this is the best I can find. I think he's a solid worker, nothing special back in the day because all of them had to be of a certain standard at that time. I especially liked the double underhook suplex he did. That always looked like it could do plenty of damage to the other guy.

I did a search and this is the best I can find. I think he's a solid worker, nothing special back in the day because all of them had to be of a certain standard at that time. I especially liked the double underhook suplex he did. That always looked like it could do plenty of damage to the other guy.

The suplex (it's not a double underhook suplex btw. He actually overhooks the arms and it's usually called a "trapping suplex") is a good example of him being a poor worker, actually. He often times failed to release it properly, leading to the receiving wrestler flipping over properly but landing with the back of their neck on Gangrel's forehead.

But even apart from boches which can just happen to be fair, he was not a good worker. I mean just look at the match you posted yourself. Gangrel's strikes look unbelievably terrible (timestamped):

as far as a Brood reunion, aside from Gangrel probably just not being up to snuff for the E...

read some rumors that part of Edge leaving his new stable already was that WWE wanted to go "supernatural" with them but he was against it. The Brood had that vampy supernatural thing going on, so might not say no to one just to do another.

who knows though, dirt sheets get it wrong plenty. maybe he said no to one because the other is being planned lolol (doubt it myself)

as far as a Brood reunion, aside from Gangrel probably just not being up to snuff for the E...

read some rumors that part of Edge leaving his new stable already was that WWE wanted to go "supernatural" with them but he was against it. The Brood had that vampy supernatural thing going on, so might not say no to one just to do another.

who knows though, dirt sheets get it wrong plenty. maybe he said no to one because the other is being planned lolol (doubt it myself)
Ahem, I believe it was a gothic lifestyle, thank you!

He should come back now and help Edge get revenge on Judgment Day. Bring Christian too since he's doing jack shit in AEW.

YES PLEEEAAASEE!!!

Edge brought back the totally awesome Brood theme back 5 months ago.

Edge recently got attacked by a stable he formed (and turned face)?

Gangrel as I understand, has some sort of resurgence in popularity in the past few years because of Indie shows, and his podcast. The Hardy's re-partnered with him to reform New Brood for some shows. And of course, he re-emerged in a TV event after decades I think.

Since Christian got signed to the AEW, he became a sensation for one hot minute. And with what happened to Cody, seems like WWE is keen to "stealing" talent back to their end. We could get a Brood reunion in WWE fingers crossed.

Gangrel is alive?

Back