Gane vs Blaydes: Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
After Gane has shown his grappling deficiencies vs Ngannou at UFC 270, who do you think would win?

Blaydes is the best wrestler in the HW division and has only been beaten by big power punchers in Ngannou & Lewis. How do you think the fight would go?

Recency bias is about to show . Honestly I think Francis's size and strength plus even having the gameplan of wrestling in the first place took Gane by surprise. Before this he had a 100% takedown defense rate and he'd obviously know what Blaydes gameplan is and would prepare for it . I like this fight though it would be a nice redemption arc for Gane.

Opposing fighters will relentleslly try to abuse Gane's lack of grappling now. Unless he fixes his holes, he's likely not going to become a champion. Kinda similar to Frank after the 1st Stipe fight TBH.

I would still go for Gane, he would stay away, you guys just underestimate Ngannou.

Recency bias is about to show . Honestly I think Francis's size and strength plus even having the gameplan of wrestling in the first place took Gane by surprise. Before this he had a 100% takedown defense rate and he'd obviously know what Blaydes gameplan is and would prepare for it . I like this fight though it would be a nice redemption arc for Gane.

Honestly though before this who did Gane ever face who was a significant grappling threat?

Blaydes is a good fighter, I think Gane has tons of potential but I want to see him really push himself in the future.

Blaydes

I believe nobody can match Gane on the feet and only Francis can scare him standing and make him keep distance. While Francis does have good takedown defense him taking down Gane so easily despite not being a wrestler or judo guy shows defiencies in Ganes defensive wrestling.

I do think Gane has a better chance of improving and stuffing Blaydes than Blaydes has of outstriking or beating Gane. Footwork and range is crucial.

I favor Blaydes, Gane, Ngannou and Stipe over Jones by the way

Honestly though before this who did Gane ever face who was a significant grappling threat?
Volk is probably the best grappler he's fought till now but he didn't really showcase any of it. Imagine if he'd gotten subbed by Alexi Olenek on his way up...oof.

After Gane has shown his grappling deficiencies vs Ngannou at UFC 270, who do you think would win?

Blaydes is the best wrestler in the HW division and has only been beaten by big power punchers in Ngannou & Lewis. How do you think the fight would go?

After tonight, I have to go with Blaydes.
If Blaydes gets him down and GnP like he did against Overeem... it's a wrap.

Level headed response...booooo lol

This is probably the exact fight that Dana's going offer Gane.

If Dana doesn't offer Francis a new deal that he accepts, I expect Dana to just strip and cut him if he says he's holding out for a year until his contract expires.

Jones/Stipe for the HW belt incoming

Blaydes until a stiff breese KO's him

Back