Gamrot vs Dos Anjos??

JTDarkseid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What was the UFC thinking making this matchup? Gamrot is on a 2 fight win streak and Dos Anjos is not only on a loss but is below Gamrot. Personally, Poirier should have been Gamrot’s next opponent and not Dos Anjos. Is this a hot take or do y’all agree?

Agreed. Dumb fight honestly. Zero interest in seeing RDA fighting any top LW's at the moment. Dude is a legend but this is just wasting time and opportunities for potential high level fights amongst Top 10 LW's.

Of course Gamrot might just wanted to fight any fight he can get, and this is the best the UFC could offer, but it still isn't that exciting of a fight.

Gamrot vs Poirier makes sense, but I don't think even Porier knows what he wants to do right now.

Agreed. Dumb fight honestly. Zero interest in seeing RDA fighting any top LW's at the moment. Dude is a legend but this is just wasting time and opportunities for potential high level fights amongst Top 10 LW's.

Of course Gamrot might just wanted to fight any fight he can get, and this is the best the UFC could offer, but it still isn't that exciting of a fight.

Gamrot vs Poirier makes sense, but I don't think even Porier knows what he wants to do right now.
Agreed with all of this. Honestly RDA should fight someone like Bobby Green (another veteran of the sport) in a couple months or so.

Last edited:
UFC often uses big names or recognized fighters especially ex champs to build up other guys.

Is normal

What was the UFC thinking making this matchup? Gamrot is on a 2 fight win streak and Dos Anjos is not only on a loss but is below Gamrot. Personally, Poirier should have been Gamrot’s next opponent and not Dos Anjos. Is this a hot take or do y’all agree?
Below? Wtf u do understand someone has to be ranked higher than their opponent in a match

I doubt Dustin would be willing to fight Gamrot. There was probably multiple fighters that turned down the Gamrot fight so they decided to ask RDA.

it should have been arman

porier is pretty much ducking hte rest of the division to fight chandler, porier and gaethje over and over again. he might fight benny now since benny is on the decline.

Is normal at LW.
Remember when Arman who I think was ranked like 8 during that time was fighting unranked guy in Joaquim Silva or whatever this guy name was just to stay busy because of rank squatters?
I also remember when Arman 'was struggling'* during this fight and people left the hypetrain.
Now after Arman beat Dariush he is the only guy that can dethrone Islam.
Sherdog, never change.

* - he literally dominated whole fight but once got caught and was knocked down.

I bet that Gamrot only wanted to fight up but... everyone declined/was busy waiting.
There were talks about "big fight" and opponent with good ground game. I immadiately thought about that Gaethje was given title shot and Gamrot will fight Charlie but we end up with this. Still fun fight with RDA.

it should have been arman

porier is pretty much ducking hte rest of the division to fight chandler, porier and gaethje over and over again. he might fight benny now since benny is on the decline.
This is the prime example of why the contract system sucks. UFC should have complete authority in who they want their fighters to face. Eliminates ducking.

Back