Gamma o supplement question

nopardaid

bammed
@Green
Reaction score
I saw the ad on the main page with Arlovski, and have some questions about Gamma -0-
1. Has anyone used it
2. Were there side effects
3. Did you see any improvments
4. Would it show up on a urinalysis (piss test)
5. What would the possible side effects be
6. Would you recommend it.

Any other information would be apprectiated.

gamma oryzanol..

There's prelim. evidence that it increases endorphin release (build muscle), but like most things there needs to be more research done. From studies done so far it doesn't look like gamma-o does anything:

"body-builders have tried gamma-oryzanol supplements to boost their performance, but clinical trials indicate that this is fruitless. In a 1997 study, male weight trainers who took gamma-oryzanol supplements (500 mg a day for nine weeks) failed to perform better than participants taking a placebo. Nor were levels of various hormones, including endorphins or testosterone (a male hormone), affected in any way."

"Some evidence suggests that gamma oryzanol increases testosterone levels, stimulates the release of endorphins (pain-relieving substances made in the body), and promotes the growth of lean muscle tissue. Supplementation with gamma oryzanol for nine weeks did not influence exercise performance in male weight lifters."

Gamma Oryzanol and Ferulic Acid (acid in gamma o) can actually reduce the levels of anabolic hormones (like gh). So for a muscle-building supplement, there is little scientific evidence to support it.

Thanks for that, I will continue simply using my current stable of vitamins.

If you notice that study was done with powdered gamma-oryzanol on the gamma o site they said they developed a liquid version because the body doesn't absorb the powdered stuff very well. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that it works at all believe me I know supplement companies are mostly full of crap but I was also curious about it. Is there anyone who has tried the actual gamma o?

ya know, I take back what I said. I still think it's a scam, but I'm no expert.

Back