Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

EKWB in some deep shit

Haven't paid workers, suppliers in months, having trouble moving inventory.

CEO releases a statement

Sucks to hear. The products they sell are high quality. I used them for the custom loop in my desktop and it’s still running strong 7 years later

These issues are so overplayed because hardly anyone is playing at 1080 with a $1000+ gpu. There are a few games that are CPU heavy but more often than not, if you bump up the resolution, the CPU no longer becomes the slow link with getting bogged up with way too many frames.
You’re correct. If you’re playing at 4k, there are only a few games that break the mold and are significantly impacted by your cpu choice- one of them being Baldur Gate 3 I believe. Even at 1440 it’s fairly marginal. So if you are going high resolution you really can get away with you g for like a mid range CPU for now at least. Maybe that will change with the next generation of GPUs set to come out this year

Sucks to hear. The products they sell are high quality. I used them for the custom loop in my desktop and it’s still running strong 7 years later
I have the their Nucleus AIO and it's been great. Hopefully it lasts for a long time.

Windows 12? I haven't even updated to windows 11 yet...
Same, but unfortunately Microsoft's financial projections for Copilot and Windows 12 are extremely bullish, which implies that they will be pushing a lot of users to move to 12. They're betting massively on Copilot and putting their thumb on the scale to that end. Even if I think they cancel the Copilot key next year.

Interesting twist, I haven't heard anything but the US just got a wave of RX 7600 placements from OEMs and system integrators (ASRock, not MSI for them). So that order would have happened in about January or December. I'm curious how this shakes out for MSI.

Is that most gamers? I haven't played a game in 1080 in like 5 years.

On Pc six out of the top ten played games in 2023 would fall under that category. Suspect that these type of gamers will slowly transition to 27" 1440p monitors over the next decade. Exceeding 27" is unrealistic because of problems involving peripheral vision pertaining to viewing distance and cost association.

And nothing of value was lost. Every single MSI product I've had has failed prematurely, across all categories (GPU, mobo, monitor). They're on my personal blacklist of manufacturers.

And nothing of value was lost. Every single MSI product I've had has failed prematurely, across all categories (GPU, mobo, monitor). They're on my personal blacklist of manufacturers.

I've had issues with them as well. I'll never buy anything from PNY either, that hatred goes back to a 128mb usb 1.1 flash drive.

Same, but unfortunately Microsoft's financial projections for Copilot and Windows 12 are extremely bullish, which implies that they will be pushing a lot of users to move to 12. They're betting massively on Copilot and putting their thumb on the scale to that end. Even if I think they cancel the Copilot key next year.
Sounds like W11 is going to be the next Vista, where most people skip it altogether and jump two generations. Not that I like the idea of having AI built into my desktop. This stuff still kinda creeps me out.

I've had issues with them as well. I'll never buy anything from PNY either, that hatred goes back to a 128mb usb 1.1 flash drive.
Got an MSI monitor back in 2020 to replace a faulty Samsung one I had. Returned it the next day, had a dead pixel, or I should say a cluster of dead pixels in one spot. Completely unacceptable.