• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gamestop is going out of business.

my gf just bought a switch and 5 games from them, so they should be afloat for another week.

the only thing i ever bought from gamestop was silent hill 4.

IW8simF.gif

Good. Fuck Gamestop.

I've known they were shitty to their customers since I was like 10.

I miss Blockbuster Video and Hollywood Video..

Me and my dad used to rent movies all the time.

Hollywood Video had a videogame store built in but separated from the rentals.

Getting old sucks...

Everything I enjoyed as a kid is pretty much gone.

I especially miss arcade rooms... They were hangout spots

I'm more of a retro gamer. I put in 10x more gaming time on my modded SNES Classic and modded PS1 Classic then my PS3, XBOX360, and PS4 combined. I also watch a lot of retro gaming vids on YouTube like Cinemassacre, Mike Matei, Erin Plays, etc.... Just the other day I watched Mike Matei beat Ninja Gaiden without dying...

I'm the same age as all those guys.... Fucking 37 years old man...

I need to get a NES Classic and mod that sucker with a couple hundred games.

I can't play NES games on my SNES Classic as well because of the different controllers..

Trying to play Ninja Gaiden with a SNES controller just doesn't work.. I also need that SEGA Classic..

My SNES has SEGA and NES games ontop of SNES games programmed into it... The controllers make a huge difference...

I'm not even going to bother with a PS5... 0 interest...

I'd have more fun playing Super Mario 3 or Donkey Kong Country then anything on that POS...

PS2 is the furthest I went and gaming lost me after that..

I bought the new shit mostly for decorations...

Yeah I really enjoy my mini SNES. I wanna get mini Genesis next. It's a shame the new Neo Geo stick only has fighting games and Capcom arcade stick is so expensive.

The complete opposite for the EB store where I'm at. Granted, the last time I went there at this time was about two or three years ago, but it was lined up outside the door for boxing week sales. Took a glance at it today while I was shopping. Completely dead. I don't think there was one customer inside the store.

I think it was just the specific location I went to as it was the day after Xmas at a mall. Gonna stop by again and see if they have any decent stock. Not getting my hopes up.

Looking forward to the New York Times Best Seller “Game Stopped: How Being Greedy And Antiquated Did Exactly What You Think It Would Do”

But where are lonely dudes going to hang out and flirt/worship the one girl who works there?

Cam-models are going to get quite the stimulus when GameStop finally croaks.

Gamestop cuts open the manufacturers security seal on new games when you buy them as brand new, which is technically vandalism and potential theft of your recently purchased property, all so you cant return them. Cant believe they havent gotten sued for that.

Also fuck GameStop for ruining Funcoland
Funcoland was badass. I remember buying the 7up game there after playing the game in store. Actual games not demos were there to be played

Funcoland was badass. I remember buying the 7up game there after playing the game in store. Actual games not demos were there to be played

Yeah it was an actual hangout spot for kids. The people who worked at the one near my house let us hang out there all day. Used games were much cheaper.

Any store that willingly throws out boxes, manuals and gives the same credit for discs/carts without boxes as a fully complete game, deserves to die.

I never liked Blockbuster, Gamestop or any of the corporate monsters like that. They killed the mom & pop/indie stores that actually care about the product and their customers. I actively root for their death because at least for gaming, it'll give the indie stores more business.

I like watching Spawn Wave's Gamestop videos and they are appalling. He buys games and systems and they don't even tell you if a game comes complete. 80% of the time, they just send a disc with a sleeve. They are the used car salesmen of the game business.

Any store that willingly throws out boxes, manuals and gives the same credit for discs/carts without boxes as a fully complete game, deserves to die.

I never liked Blockbuster, Gamestop or any of the corporate monsters like that. They killed the mom & pop/indie stores that actually care about the product and their customers. I actively root for their death because at least for gaming, it'll give the indie stores more business.

I like watching Spawn Wave's Gamestop videos and they are appalling. He buys games and systems and they don't even tell you if a game comes complete. 80% of the time, they just send a disc with a sleeve. They are the used car salesmen of the game business.

I remember buying a "new" copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on the Dreamcast and they gave me the disc inside of a music CD case. Fucking bullshit.

This would be a great time for someone to buy GameStop for $5

You cant knock a franchise owner trying to survive in the digital distribution marketplace.
We have a local independent store that has a similar setup and they seem to be doing okay.
They sell the more geek stuff like Magic and board games. They also have different tournaments or leagues almost every night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back