Gamboa wants Broner

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/gamboa-ill-win-title-first-then-i-want-adrien-broner--60644

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=60644#ixzz2FZ2BxlfE
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Hollywood, Florida - Cuban Olympic gold medalist, and WBA interim-super featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (22-0, 16KOs), wants to face WBC lightweight king Adrien Broner (25-0, 21KOs) in 2013. Gamboa returned to the ring on December 8th, as part of the Pacquiao-Marquez undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and won a twelve round unanimous decision over tough Philippine boxer Michael Farenas.

After Gamboa returned to Miami and spent some time with the Florida boxing fans, the Cuban fighter spoke with BoxingScene.com before heading off to Europe for the holidays.

“I’m very happy with my last victory against Farenas. In my opinion I did a great job in beating him.

As much as I like Gamboa, I wholeheartedly disagree with his opinion

He sounds like one of the worst boxing businessmen out there and this proves it. While the Broner hype train is picking up steam he's not yet a huge PPV star and he probably is one of the worst style match ups for Gamboa out there. So basically he wants to fight a guy who he won't get paid big bucks for and will most likely cost him his extremely marketable undefeated record. He really is a dope.

He sounds like one of the worst boxing businessmen out there and this proves it. While the Broner hype train is picking up steam he's not yet a huge PPV star and he probably is one of the worst style match ups for Gamboa out there. So basically he wants to fight a guy who he won't get paid big bucks for and will most likely cost him his extremely marketable undefeated record. He really is a dope.

You have been influenced by the new generation of boxing. There is nothing wrong with the best wanting to fight the best. Usually a fighter will say these things and the promoter is the one who doesn't let it happen. But not sure why you care about his undefeated record and how much he gets paid more than the big fights?

As much as I'm a fanboy of the guy he looked like shit in his last fight. He's in no position to be making calls.

He's taking this fight as a prelude / test bed to fighting Mayweather.

Smart but stupid.

I want to see Broner fight bigger opponents.

Gamboa just needs to stop showboating and take care of business.
He can beat Broner.

Gamboa just needs to stop showboating and take care of business.
He can beat Broner.

He can beat most everybody at and around his weight. Eventually I see a superfight with him and Donaire. Yes, I have massive expectations for the guy.

Good fight for Gamboa. It will be his biggest boxing event yet and a lot of people will get to see him do what he can. If he loses he has an excuse in the weight difference and if he wins he becomes a p4p player and potentially a major star.

I still am not buying this at all. I believe 50 is building a hype train for a fight that nobody is really considering making happen anytime in the near future. I am thinking 3 or 4 years down the road.

I said this in the other thread, ...if the same Gamboa who fought Farenas fights Broner he will get killed.

This was one of his worst performances I've ever seen.

I can excuse Gamboa's recent performance because of ring rust...after all...he hadn't fought in like 18 months. That being said...despite his tremendous physical gifts...his defense gets him in trouble. He needs to tighten things up considerably against someone like Broner. I still feel Broner is a tad overrated...ESPECIALLY on defense. People keep trying to make him out to be like Floyd defensively...he is no where close. I have seen him get hit by far inferior guys than Gamboa...the difference is those guys are so much smaller than him physically. His win over Demarco was insanely over hyped. Dude has talent...but he needs to step up his competition big time before i am a true believer. I also don't see Broner staying at 135 for much longer...and Gamboa shouldn't take the fight above 135. So i actually would want to see this fight sooner than later.

I can tell you for a fact that he did not take the Farenas fight seriously at all. He did not spar a single southpaw once throughout training camp for the fight, he only sparred left handers. Gamboa can beat Broner if he really wants to imo

You have been influenced by the new generation of boxing. There is nothing wrong with the best wanting to fight the best. Usually a fighter will say these things and the promoter is the one who doesn't let it happen. But not sure why you care about his undefeated record and how much he gets paid more than the big fights?

You need to do your homework because you obviously don't know the background of the story. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GAMBOA! Do you even know his history? He just walked away from a huge fight with Rios and fucked over a bunch of people including fans BECAUSE HE WAS MAD ABOUT HIS PAY. He then makes the dipshit move of signing with 50 Cent and fights a no name for a fraction of what he was offered to fight Rios. Gamboa's only goal is to "get that paper" and he's calling out Broner hoping for a payday. If he wanted to fight the best he had plenty of opporunity but decided to sit on the sidelines. Now that his plan didn't work out he's begging to get back in the game.

I'm a fan of both guys, but Gamboa is not in Broner's league.

I'd pick Broner if this one goes down. Gamby did not look that great in his recent fight. He should face someone else before fighting Broner

Back