Gamboa vs Linares rumored to be next

I read that Arum is trying to make Walters vs. Gamboa at 130 for Nov. or Dec. Either way, great fights for Gamboa.

I read that Arum is trying to make Walters vs. Gamboa at 130 for Nov. or Dec. Either way, great fights for Gamboa.

Both excellent fights. There was word that yuri was trying to get Miura a while back, but I guess that's not happening

Arum wants Gamboa killed.
And he's too small for Linares.

I think Walters stops Yuri and Yuri beats Linares. Both quality fights

I think Walters stops Yuri and Yuri beats Linares. Both quality fights

More or less how I see it. I actually think Gamboa could look pretty good against Linares, but I don't like his chances against Walters.

That's a good fight. I'm a big fan of both. Gamboa seems like a big waste of talent though, I had hopes he would learn to be disciplined with his defense when hurt instead of going for bravado via his athleticism. Linares has a great style, I think Gamboa has the edge on him but Linares is smooth enough to give him a good fight and maybe even hurt him. I'll be happy for either.

Walters is a hard fight for Gamboa for many of the same reasons Crawford was, and given his own flaws, but beating Walters would put him right back on the map and redeem him. Would love to see it.

I'm pretty high on Walters, but IMO this is a close fight. Walters was fighting smaller guys and got rocked by Donaire. Yeah, Gamboa got crushed by Crawford, but he hurt Crawford pretty badly at one point and showed a great heart. He would also be fighting at a proper weight. Close fight, but I lean slightly towards Walters.

Arum wants Gamboa killed.
And he's too small for Linares.

El Nino Del Oro is one of my guys, but he's not "killing" anyone holmes.

Now a boxing master class is a different story hahaha.

I like him to win this fight, however he's in the past shown to be chinny. Gamboa is sloppy so it's a good scrap if it were to happen.

El Nino Del Oro is one of my guys, but he's not "killing" anyone holmes.

Now a boxing master class is a different story hahaha.

I like him to win this fight, however he's in the past shown to be chinny. Gamboa is sloppy so it's a good scrap if it were to happen.

Johnny, I meant Walters. Too big and too good for Gamboa.

I think he beats Linares

i agree...gamboa faster hands and feet, better chin and imo the bigger puncher; dude hurt crawford and linares chin recovery aint nowhere close to crawford's neither is his durability...

Great fight. It will come down to which cracks first--Linares' chin or Gamboa's stamina. While it lasts, I expect Linares to box him up. Gamboa has the type of jump-in, hump-out one shot punching speed that impresses people, but Linares will hit him with multiple quick, accurate shots in return.

It may come down to the type of drug testing they do. Allowed free reign, Gamboa is a beast.

I'd take Gamboa over Linares... Late stoppage in a fight he may be trailing in

Back