Gaetje vs Lee?

Gaethje is a nightmare matchup for the majority of grapplers. Superb TDD and KO power..

He's come back well and while he does take a lot of damage in fights I never thought he might die in the octagon. I was worried Hooker might die against Barboza.
Brain damage is an accumulated thing, Gaethje vs Poirier, Alvarez and Johnson fooked him up much more in total.

Me too bro, the life force was drainin from him with every blow

It's scary how much punishment corners/refs have been allowing in recent fights. I thought if one of those spinning back kicks connected Hookers' brainstem would detach or something crazy.

Who would win this fight? I know barboza vs gaetje would be an awesome fight too but I really think gaetje can finish lee. I am sure lot of sherdog would love to see the beast I.e JG finish lee like he finished big boy Vick.
JG has the advantage in terms of cardio, heart, toughness/durability, power and possibly standup too.
Kevin Lee has better wrestling credentials but JG is no slouch there either. Lee has better grappling, strength, speed and ground game. he has an average chin and poor cardio which always lets him down.

I really believe Justin would get it done in the 4th or 5th.

Gaethje would probably make him quit like Iaquinta did.

Brain damage is an accumulated thing, Gaethje vs Poirier, Alvarez and Johnson fooked him up much more in total.

It is but it's also really bad to take a really long beating to the point that you have been out on the feet for a while and just won't go down. Gaethje took a lot of punishment but he didn't look like he was out on his feet for 30 seconds plus while a guy was teeing off on him.

I think all fighters should take like 3 month breaks between contact in fights like those though but luckily for Gaethje his last fight he really didn't take any shots.

It also seems to vary person to person with the brain trauma. Ryan Hall only took one really bad beating in a win and hasn't fought since due to concussion issues.

It is but it's also really bad to take a really long beating to the point that you have been out on the feet for a while and just won't go down. Gaethje took a lot of punishment but he didn't look like he was out on his feet for 30 seconds plus while a guy was teeing off on him.

I think all fighters should take like 3 month breaks between contact in fights like those though but luckily for Gaethje his last fight he really didn't take any shots.
Vick was right though about him being punch drunk, dude sounds awful. But still delivers in the ring.

Vick was right though about him being punch drunk, dude sounds awful. But still delivers in the ring.

He might be, I would have to see interviews from him earlier in his career, some guys just don't speak clearly.

How about Gaethje face the winner of last nights fight instead. Al Laquinta / Gaethje seems like a good contender fight, with both coming of impressive wins.

Al just threw his name in the mix for sure. The Khabib fight was a short notice replacement, but last night he took it to Lee and won a close fight. So many good match ups to make outside of Khabib Tony, in addition if Khabib and Conor both get suspensions Tony will need a fight...

Tony vs. Dustin (surprised this fight has never happened)
Al vs. Edson or Gaethje
Gregor vs. Edson
Tony vs. Al
Rematch Tony vs. Edson
Lee vs. Edson
Pettis vs. Edson
Gaethje vs. Pettis
Lee vs. Pettis

Lots of fun fights out there in the LW. Not to mention, Cerrone is coming back to LW and throwing him in the mix could shake things up a bit, I have no mention of Nate Diaz because, well, he is Nate Diaz. Another re-addition that would be great is RDA.

Gaethje is better everywhere. He is a better wrestler than Lee and that is where Lee would have his chance against most fighters.

Back