Gaethje's Words Proved Prophetic

Chris Gaines

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Listen, just out of curiosity, I read a prefight Gaethje interview.

Quickly, here's a few things Gaethje said -

"So, he’s just putting more pressure on himself, honestly, and I’m excited. I’m excited to put him to sleep."

"Like I said, he’s going to run into the fence eventually, and he can’t go backwards anymore."

“I’m going to march him down and make him pay for everything that’s come out of his mouth”

"He will wake up a humbled turd, and he won’t look at himself in the mirror the same for a few weeks, I can guarantee it. He’s going to be a smashed turd when I’m done with him.”

giphy.gif

Pretty accurate, eh?

Discuss.

The more shit you talk about your opponent the more rancid the crow dinner becomes.

Hilarious knockout. James Vick woke up in the next post code.
Vick is a piece of shit. Every now and again MMA serves up a dose of justice.

He fell funny.

After all that shit talk he can’t even fall like a man.

"Like I said, he’s going to run into the fence eventually, and he can’t go backwards anymore."
Sounds like he had a solid game plan and executed it perfectly. I'm glad Gaethje got the win, especially by KO vs Vick

I don't know what Vicks problem was. He seemed like a pretty humble dude on TUF. Or at least, not completely disrespectful.

His trash talk seemed way out of character. I get trying to grab headlines and all that, but the shit he was saying about Gaethje was low class.

He really dug his own grave with that. Hope it was worth it.

Fantastic prediction.

Also, I love the cringe moment where James was saying "future champ right here baby, tonight I change my life".

Only to then get slept, haha.

I don’t pay much attention to the WWE style crap.. WTF did Vick say about Justin?

I don't know what Vicks problem was. He seemed like a pretty humble dude on TUF. Or at least, not completely disrespectful.

His trash talk seemed way out of character. I get trying to grab headlines and all that, but the shit he was saying about Gaethje was low class.

I don’t pay much attention to the WWE style crap.. WTF did Vick say about Justin?

He was calling him punch drunk, and making fun of him for slurring his words and shit. Which as a fighter, seems like tempting fate with a double edged sword.

Nah, he always seemed like a douche.

Out of curiosity, what did Vick say about Gaethje leading up to the fight?
I missed out on the trash talk..

What nobody knows or has not seen is that after the follow up punch he in his mind somewhere still like I'm #1. Look at his hand, and it changes to index finger up. <45>

"Smashed Turd" is the greatest thing Gaethje has ever said.

Back