• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gaethje Vs Chandler - the most violent lightweight bout ever?

Dustin vs max
Or Dustin vs gaethje is more violent than this matchup.

Yeah, this has all the potential to turn into a snoozefest. Let's just hope that they don't both fight to not lose, rather than going for the win.

No, it's not the "most violent" LW fight. Chandler is a glass cannon, so the probability of this being a sustained war is next to nil. But a finish is all but guaranteed.

it should be a good fight, but it could also be over quickly and we may not get a war

It definitely has potential. But people had the same predictions on Condit/Diaz and Ngannou/Lewis that it's gonna be the most violent fight ever.. and we know what happened.

I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see.
It has potential but I don’t think Chandler has the chin to survive a violent firefight with Justin…

Where the hell did this "JG has a weak chin" theory come from?

Only two guys ever whooped him, and it took sustained body shots to do so.

I dunno know why but I get the feeling that despite Chandler's wrestling advantage, he's gonna be a "Kill or Be Killed type of fighter", especially at this stage of his career. He even said as much in regards to the match up that either one of them is gonna end up on a Highlight so in his mind he's already at peace with the fact that he's either chinning Gaethje, or getting chinned.

Not sure what gives you that feeling.

Every time Chandler has been rocked, he turns, sulls-up, and quits. Watch every KO loss he's ever had, including his last fight.

If wobbled, then turns -> runs -> covers-up. (Quits)

Every time.

This thread taught me that Justin has a weak chin. I think it also gave me aids.

Looking forward to this fight very much, lots of potential for a highlight reel fight all around with these two paired. I think Justin likely takes it with the leg kicks and power, but I'd never count Chandler out.

IMO it’s going to go like a classic Gaethje fight... Chandler is a damn cock manlet, he’s got one shot stiffening power early on, this will play into the storyline of the fight. Justin will barely survive some type of early adversity and look as if he’s about done, Chandler will empty his gas tank trying to get the finish. Justin will survive the round, next frame the pendulum will begin to sway the other direction. Once he gets the timing and distance down he will begin to to take in to Mikey in masterful Just Bleed fashion. Gaethje will assault Chandler by way of leg and body kicks, finally leaving enough time of an opportunity to catch Chandler’s shop worn chin. Justin will smell the blood in the water and swarm, Gaethje by TKO Round 4.

I don’t say this often …. But can’t see any possible way this fight isn’t good …..Two hard hitting chinny knuckheads is a can’t miss

Little chance its more violent than

Gaethje Poirier
Gaethje Eddie
Gaethje Johnson
Eddie Chandler 1
Eddie Kawajiri
Eddie Hellboy
Frankie Gray 3
Gaethje Baboon 1
Tony Barboza
Tony Lando

etc etc...

Sarnavskiy Rashid from this year will prolly end up being a more violent fight

You just jinxed it TS! Damn you! It's going to be a shit show now.

a66bd094eb365f7d5a85ebf992011bbd776a4383.gif

Only if Tony could throw a left hook

Back