• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Gaethje agrees with my take, believes Oliviera still has quit in him

I should clarify, I'm not sure if Oliviera still has quit in him, but I don't believe the Chandler fight proved otherwise.

Sure it did.

Chandler had him badly hurt, nearly won, and then Oliviera TKOed him. If Oliviera was a quitter, he could have easily found a reason to quit in that fight. But he didn't quit, he endured, and he won.

I should clarify, I'm not sure if Oliviera still has quit in him, but I don't believe the Chandler fight proved otherwise.

Imo Chandler had in lapse in judgment going for the gnp when he could've stood Oliviera up while he was hurt. He wasn't able to land anything effective on the ground and allowed Oliviera to recover. After Chandler burned himself out, Charles came back in the second and landed that beautiful left hook.

Charles deserves all the love he gets for being a finisher and always being in exciting fights, this is just something that been bugging me since May, and a pro-fighter (top 3 at that) is an excellent co-signer to have.

Olivera has fought through adversity in his last 3 fights.
Gaethje lost to Khabib and nearly quit the sport.OIivera finally won those fights he used to lose and now is the champ.
Gathje lost his fight, hasn't fought since and has finally decided to come back after the division sorted itself out a bit.

We have seen that Gaethje is like a turtle off his back on the ground and this comes from a massive gaethje fan. He has also been finished in brawls so he is definitely beatable. Olivera matches up well with him. He has the ground game to catch him, skills to hang on the feet with his only real weakness in their fight being that Gaethje could put him out.
Gaethje might never be the same fighter he was after what Khabib did to him. He went out guns blazing and got walked down and nearly finished in a round. he has never faced that in his entire career. We will either see Gaethje 3.0 or he is on his way into the downward spiral that comes after losses like he suffered.

Olivera has won, lost and climbed his way back each time. Even if he losses soon I think he will still be fighting top competition for longer than Gaethje will stick around.
I think gaethje is a loss or two from retirement sadly.

Gaethje quit vs Khabib
It was either tap or go unconcious. Why wait for that if you know your not getting out. I guess he did quit, but you make it sound like he's a a big baby.

o6qdz4pl7li21.gif

<BidenShutIt> Homer Simpsons talking shit, Oliveira 2.0 has a lionheart.

I hate to play the armchair sherdog psychoanalyst, but Gaethje really does seem different after the khabib fight. On paper, I have him running through chandler, but I feel like chandler could surprise me here

Getting knocked on his ass by teymur, then standing up, marching him down, rocking him and then submitting him wasn't enough to convince you. Having a grueling 3 round back and forth fight against Lee wasn't enough for you. Getting his head beat like a drum by chandler, then coming back and finishing him in round 2 wasn't enough for you.

What do you need? your stubborn bias has you waiting for a new example to validate your opinion all while ignoring the contradictory showings from Do bronx in present time.
I could be a little hard headed admittedly, but if I see Charles in a position similar to what Felder had him in and he guts through, I'll let it go. Imo he hasn't shown this yet. I will go back and watch they Teymur fight though,thanks for bringing that up. That was a banger anyways, won't be much of a chore.

Sorry bud have to disagree with the Kevin Lee fight. Sure the first half of the fight was decently competitive, but Kevin never really hurt Charles. There wasn't really anything to work out of there. Great performance nonetheless.

Chandler fight definitely wasn't enough for me and I explained why. Either way this discussion only gets me more excited for Charles fights, being proven right/wrong always adds some stakes to the situation. Hope Porier just fights Conor in a non-title fight even if he becomes champion so we could see that Charles fight sooner rather than later.

I hate to play the armchair sherdog psychoanalyst, but Gaethje really does seem different after the khabib fight. On paper, I have him running through chandler, but I feel like chandler could surprise me here
That power can surprise anyone, but as you say, Gaethje should take it on paper.

Better opposition being who? MJ who rocked the shit out of him multiple times before he headbutted him? Barboza who he eye poked? James Vick? Washed Cerrone? Tony who Oliveira beat in way more dominant fashion?
All those guys, yes. Oliveira used to wilt everytime he got a step up and had hard time making weight at LW and FW. Fighters evolve, as Charles has.

Besides Gaethje is the guy who broke Tony's coveted win streak that honey dicked lots of shersheep into believing Tony is an ATG.

he said chandler showed that oliveira is a quitter, but Charles beat Chandler lol.
Can't argue there. I just don't think he's overcome his wilting issues.

Oliveira's last performance was the epitome of resiliency. He ate Chandler's biggest punch on 3 separate occasions and not only lived to tell the tale, but he came back & won the fight!

I guess Dan Hooker is an even bigger quitter? I use to be a big fan of Gaethje but he has really become annoying, kinda hoping Chandler pulls off the upset.
Dan Hooker couldn't move, he got his shit rung good. Charles gets called a quitter for history of wilting. Either way I understand why Gaethje sounds bad saying this.

Last edited:

Imo Chandler had in lapse in judgment going for the gnp when he could've stood Oliviera up while he was hurt. He wasn't able to land anything effective on the ground and allowed Oliviera to recover. After Chandler burned himself out, Charles came back in the second and landed that beautiful left hook.

Charles deserves all the love he gets for being a finisher and always being in exciting fights, this is just something that been bugging me since May, and a pro-fighter (top 3 at that) is an excellent co-signer to have.

4:13....Dam...

Oliveira has more heart than gaethje.

Gaethje quit against khabib....and now is constantly asskissing khabib to lessen the loss, pathetic.

Gaethje IMO quit against alavarez/dustin too.

Oliveria has legit comebacks....gaethjes chin/heart quits thus he has never really done an oliveriaesque comeback.
His first UFC fight. Eddie and Dustin broke him.

Do Bronx and Justin are both special fighters. I would love to see Charles v Dustin and Charles v Justin and Dustin v Justin 2 LW is just so damn good right now

Back