G-Sot vs Mark Bocek

FightOrDie007

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is such an interesting matchup especially in the grappling. G-Sot is 35 so no point in giving him a gimme get back on track fight. He should either have to earn with a win like this or retire with a loss. G-Sot is the much better striking as he actually has decent boxing and has a style that is better suited to fighting other grapplers, so I think he takes this by decision.

Bocek is pretty awesome. Would be a fun grappling fight if it ever went to the ground.

bocek actually called out sotiropoulos after beating hazelett at 124. everyone laughed as gsot was 7-0 in the ufc.

now bocek is arguably higher ranked.

I like that fight a lot. I remember when Bocek called him out a couple years ago. Would be a fun scrap.

I'd like to see it. I think their grappling skills are close and Sot would have a slight advantage in the striking. I'd really like to see George break this skid. Can't believe he was 7-0 and on the verge of a title shot not too long ago...

bocek actually called out sotiropoulos after beating hazelett at 124. everyone laughed as gsot was 7-0 in the ufc.

Wouldn't have looked so crazy had he got the (rightful) nod in the Jim Miller fight prior.

Wouldn't have looked so crazy had he got the (rightful) nod in the Jim Miller fight prior.

I agree, I remember being disgusted at that decision. Bocek controlled like four and a half minutes of the final round and then Miller took his back and didnt even come close to the locking up the choke but they gave him that round and the fight because of that.

I remember that too. It would be a great ground fight, I'd take Bocek by sub

Sub over G-Sot??? I dont see that happening, Bocek wasn't even able to submit Lenz or Alessio in recent ground fights. Plus its very difficult to get anything offensive going on the ground with G-Sot because of his great rubber guard.

Sub over G-Sot??? I dont see that happening, Bocek wasn't even able to submit Lenz or Alessio in recent ground fights. Plus its very difficult to get anything offensive going on the ground with G-Sot because of his great rubber guard.

Both of those two you mentioned have highly defensive guards. I knew the rubber guard would be mentioned... I counter you with Bocek's highlight reel destruction of Dustin Hazelett who is actually a better practitioner of the rubber guard in MMA and Bocek passed it instantly and subbed him. Forgot about that one? Hazelett was also a better sub guy than Sot as well.

Edit - I'll put this video here too

Last edited:
I think Bocek would tool him on the ground.

Would be a good fight for both guys coming off of losses.

Thats right,i remember that. Was looking at George saying he wanted to fight him and sort out who was the best Ju-Jitzu player @155. It'll still make for an interesting bout imo. Would agree that he's ranked above GSot.

I would do G-Sot/Sanchez after he beats Gomi.

Doubt it. They'll hardly match him(Sotiropoulos)up with the winner of that bout since he's coming of a loss,and 3 in a row at that.

Bocek and GSot would make for a good match up still.

Bocek would destroy. Hopefully the lines are skewed and I can get some points in the sherdog wallet.

Last edited:
Back