FW's are lucky that Zabit retired from MMA.

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just watched some of his UFC fights, and I must say: this guy was unbelievable, a true phenom.
He's most likely the most diverse striker ever at FW, but also possibly the most complete fighter at FW as well.
Not to mention his height and reach advantage over pretty much ANYONE at FW.

He only had one weakness and that was his gas tank. But that proved to be due to some medical condition he had. Eventually he had surgery and got that fixed.

Too bad he retired. He cold've been the champ.

And If you're wondering what fight to watch, look no further than Zabit vs Bochniak.

How do you think he would've fared against the elite at FW? And what fights would you have liked to see?

I personally, would've liked to see Zabit vs Holloway the most.

Would have lost to most top 5 guy IMO. I was never sold on this guy. I see Volk, Holloway, Allen, Topuira beating him. Yair would be a fun fight goes either way.

No evidence that the surgery helped his gas tank.
Yes he was insanely skilled but he cut massive amounts of weight which is likely what caused his cardio issues.

He might have been the best in the world, for a round.

Guy was amazing but could barely last through 3 round fights. 5 rounds would have been a nightmare for him.

The guy that couldn't finish Kyle Bochniak or Stephens, and was holding onto Kattar for dear life?

Yeh, no, the actual top FWs would have had nothing to worry about with Zabit. Volk and Max in particular would have embarrassed him. Topuria would have KOd him easily.

Zabit is always a big what if for me. He could've done so much at FW and was a fight or two away from being champ. I think the cardio issues could've been mitigated.

All the potential but still didn't see enough of him against top top tier opponents to know. Cardio seemed an issue, i've also seen him tested on the ground in this fight which granted was a long time before his UFC fights

Yair was always the fight to make, but it seemed destined not to happen, both i'm pretty sure were at fault for that.

Frustrating career.

He might have been the best in the world, for a round.

Guy was amazing but could barely last through 3 round fights. 5 rounds would have been a nightmare for him.
Well, if the gas tank issues were due to the medical condition which he had surgery for, then he would've been pretty hard to beat.
Sadly, there is no way of knowing that since he didnt even have a fight after having surgery

He’d punch himself out and gas at the end of the first round against Holloway and end up TKO’d… kinda like everyone not named volk

I think Zabit's big issue (besides cardio) is just that he was a very one-layer fighter. Most of his game was doing big athletic (and often spinning) single-shot techniques. These would often scare off his opponent and get them on the backfoot.

But imagine this guy getting into prolonged exchanges with, say, Holloway. He would get eaten up.

Not to mention fighting this way exacerbated his already existing cardio problems

LOL this has to be a troll thread. Him vs Khamzat vs Conor in a foot race would probably end in 3 deaths
running-run.gif

I've never seen a fighter whiff on so much fancy shmancy shit

Back