Future Conor McGregor statue in Dublin, Ireland?

JagWar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/bookies-bid-conor-mcgregor-statue-7092822

At what point does a man go from being a great fighter to being an icon? A legend? How many more wins? The Irish have been in the spot light ever since Conor stepped foot in the UFC. It has become cool to be Irish because of him. Ireland is the place to be when Conor fights.

Will the statue be made? Should it be made? Is it too soon?

I say, if he wins another belt. Let the statue rise.

It should look something like this...

Will Mr T call him out at the unveiling?

1.jpg

worse hype jobs got statues before. Rocky had no head movement, no guard, could be easily picked apart by anyone. was a nobody when he became champion, fighting another obvious can crusher.

Yes he will. Just like muhammad ali has a statue, so will Conor McGregor.

In a hundred years people will tell legendary tales of The Notorious One, Conor McGregor. Statues will be erected in his name. In the tales, he will be 8 feet tall and shooting lighting from his arse. It is inevitable.

I blame the f4cking internet, and sherbros who nuthug.

Well I don't know how close that is to happening... From what I've read his home town newspaper has blasted him here and there and whoever books Croke Park has pretty much said they don't want him to fight there. I'm not sure that they'll give him the Phil Lynott treatment any time soon. RIP.

1.jpg

worse hype jobs got statues before. Rocky had no head movement, no guard, could be easily picked apart by anyone. was a nobody when he became champion, fighting another obvious can crusher.

Hey! Creed was no can crusher, fools kept ducking him is all.

Its a niche sport and its always been cool to be irish way before and after mcgregors 30 secs are up so id say any statue talk is premature....cardboard cutouts are what hel get and like it!

Philadelphia has a statue of Rocky so I don't see why Dublin can't have their own statue of a fictional character.

Let us start a petition to make this happen.

1.jpg

Hype jobs don't own robot butlers.

Back