Fushida : MMA Sparring glove questions

FUSHIDA

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys...We are currently in the design phase of our new MMA line.
Instead of deciding what you guys need, we feel it best to ask you what "you" need in a MMA Sparring Glove so we can design accordingly and see what we can and cannot incorporate for you guys. Trying to get the best glove designed.

My main question right now is the thumb portion of the glove.
Some have the thumb padding, others have very little padding and others have no thumb portion at all.
Out of your experiences...should we incorporate the thumb padding, or eliminate it for the ideal Sparring glove?

Thank you everyone!!

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish...if it's more for striking you want the padding, if prefer none myself because I don't like the restriction when grappling.

The wrist strap is where it's important to me...I can't use gloves like say...everlast because they have the "wrist tunnel" to get through, even their XL size is too small to easily get the gloves on and off for me.

That's one thing I DO happen to like about century gloves is that the wrist is completely open - I just wish it had about 12-18" of strapping with a betterclosure system.

I'd love to review whatever product you come up with at some point in the future for my website - keep us (the forum) in the loop!

Tks KaosX. We have a design already we have been working on and it incorporates the things you mentioned, so I think we are good there.

I guess you answered the question about the thumb padding...if for striking(which I believe the gloves are suppose to be used for) then the padding is required.
Seems like the direction would be to add the thumb padding then.
Unless someone else have a different opinion on the matter.

I don't really find any trouble with the closed thumb for sparring, even with a bit of padding on. But I would (if i was designing) go with more a hybrid glove type of look. Not so much as 2" padding on front. Open thumb would be a good look though as it allows more freedom for grappling.

Back