Fushida Mantis A0

junston

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys have had the chance to own a Fushida Mantis A0 size, and if so, what are your weight/heights etc.

I have been in contact with Christo, who is extremely friendly and helpful, who diagnosed me as a perfect fit for an A0X. Unfortunately, they don't actually make this size so he recommended either an A0 or A1.

The A0 torso will fit me well but the sleeves may be a little short. The pants for both should be alright, with the A1 top being a little big for the torso, but sleeves will be long.

Does anyone know if these gis shrink much in the dryer?

I tried on an A1 owned by a training partner and it fits pretty decently, never put in the dryer though so I wasn't able to find out about the shrinking.

What do you guys think? Getting the A0 is a little riskier but may turn out to be an awesome fit, where the A1 is a pretty good fit, especially if it shrunk a bit.

Thanks for the help!

My Mantis A1 shrank approx 1 inch on it's first 40c wash, and no more after that, so the gi is pretty preshrunk already. You might get a bit more if boiled and put in the dryer, but probably not much more than that. If the A0 sounds like it's a good fit sleeve length wise when compared to your current gis, then keep washing cold and you should be good. Ask Christo how both match up to your current best fitting gi, then take an inch off for shrinkage.

James

Junston it sounds like I'm the same as you but one size bigger: I have torso dimensions that are best for an A1 but my arms are definitely A2. So if given the choice, I opt for the bigger size and hope it shrinks.
Sir Taps is right, the Fushida models do not shrink that much. Have you considered the Komodo? That model comes in 'x' sizes and the difference in weight between the komodo and the mantis is very small. Actually Sir Tapsalot has both the mantis and komodo and he can attest to the minimal weight differences between the two.

thanks for the great advice guys, much appreciated.

i did look into the komodo, but i believe A0X is unavailable in both komodo and mantis models.

Back