Fun fact: The UFC LW title has never been defended more than 3 times...

bjs was most impressive imo.

sherk himself could handle conor and gaethje imo.

diego in his prime then was a absolute nightmare to face. he would have beaten poirer and gaethje imo.

kflo probably the weakest of the 3, but at the time in the ufc till facing penn only losing to diego and sherk is nothing to be ashamed off.

oh and, prime motivated bj would beat khabib incase anyone was wondering.

diego in his prime then was a absolute nightmare to face. he would have beaten poirer and gaethje imo.

kflo probably the weakest of the 3, but at the time in the ufc till facing penn only losing to diego and sherk is nothing to be ashamed off.

Kenflo had a JDS like run win like 7 straight wins, all finishes except for Huerta for the title shot. He also trained with GSP before he fought BJ. I really thought it's gonna be his turn. But BJ came back motivated as ever.

P.S. Yellow dubs again? Aw cmon man, lol. Be easy on it aight.

Hate to always bring it back to Khabib, but Conor was the former FW and LW champion, Gaethje and Poirier both being awarded interim championships, Benson’s resume doesn’t compare, his win over Frankie and Gilbert were split decision ones I believe too.

Guys getting interim championships while you're the champion really isn't something to boast about.

The idea of P4P rankings is a pretty recent thing as well, Poirier and Gaethje are great fighters, but at the time so were the LW contenders of their era.

Kenflo had a JDS like run win like 7 straight wins, all finishes except for Huerta for the title shot. He also trained with GSP before he fought BJ. I really thought it's gonna be his turn. But BJ came back motivated as ever.
remember that gif that made it look like bj choked the piss out of kflo? but it was only like the string on the short or something that came out??

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

Diego just ran face first into BJ's punches.

I don't thin that Diego does much of anything to Porier or Justin.

Diego just ran face first into BJ's punches.

I don't thin that Diego does much of anything to Porier or Justin.
he only did that that night. because bj had him rocked and nearly finished and on autopilot within the first 30 seconds with that right punch of his.

21-2 sanchez would pose a good threat to poirer and gaethje.

remember that gif that made it look like bj choked the piss out of kflo? but it was only like the string on the short or something that came out??

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

Lol I haven't saw that one. I might search it up

he only did that that night. because bj had him rocked and nearly finished and on autopilot within the first 30 seconds with that right punch of his.

21-2 sanchez would pose a good threat to poirer and gaethje.

In the Guida fight right before BJ, Diego was extremely rudimentary as well. Bad head movement, spammed same uppercut and hooks.

That Diego might be able to go head to head with Hooker, but I wouldn't even count him a favorite there.

I honestly don't remember even slightly how his standup looked pre-2007.

Lol I haven't saw that one. I might search it up
i was doing a search for the gif and couldnt find it. only got compilation gifs of florian nearly dieing in the first round and the finish... but i surely remember it.

In the Guida fight right before BJ, Diego was extremely rudimentary as well. Bad head movement, spammed same uppercut and hooks.

That Diego might be able to go head to head with Hooker, but I wouldn't even count him a favorite there.

I honestly don't remember even slightly how his standup looked pre-2007.
this is just a maybe/maybe not case.

Justin, Dustin and Conor would've beaten BJ, Benson and everyone they've beaten in their title defenses.

Justin, Dustin and Conor would've beaten BJ, Benson and everyone they've beaten in their title defenses.

Idk about prime BJ but prime UFC Bendo would have beaten those guys imo

And 3 fighters hold the record for most title defenses at 3. And all 3 of them are not in the UFC anymore. Just shows how competitive the LW division has been for years.

1. BJ Penn - defended against Sean Sherk, Kenflo, and Diego Sanchez (set the new record at 3, finished them all)

2. Benson Henderson - defended against Edgar, Nate Diaz, and Gilbert Melendez (all decision wins)

3. Khabib - defended against Conor, Poirier, and Gaethje (finished them all)

Who in your opinion has the most impressive 3 title defenses out of these 3?
Any of the 3 fighters Khabib defeated can legit finish either of Benson Henderson or BJ Penn. How about that.

Any of the 3 fighters Khabib defeated can legit finish either of Benson Henderson or BJ Penn. How about that.

Pretty sure UFC Bendo limps Conor with leg kicks and finish him with elbows on the ground. He ain't gonna be a moving target for Conor. Thatch is a dangerous striker who's finishing guys in the 1st, much like Conor, with a huge reach and size advantage to Benson and Benson weathered the storm and choked that guy out at 170 lbs. Imagine if Thatch doesn't have that physical advantage and was Conor who's the smaller guy vs Benson. I also think he can do the same to Dustin as Benson was KZ's training partner when KZ beat him. And also to Justin who isn't that experienced on the ground, and Benson is as tough as they come and can go berzerk if he wanted too, see Jim Miller and Guida fights.

In an honest evaluation it has to be Khabib.

Diego devalues BJs run sadly, because I love Diego.

Back