He doesn't have a single win over someone on the active roster

Costa's UFC wins/Year of last UFC fight

-Garreth McLellan/2017
-Oluwale Bamgbose/2017
-Johny Hendricks/2017
-Uriah Hall/2022
-Yoel Romero/2020
-Luke Rockhold/2022

Dana says it's never a good idea for fighters to sit on the shelf, but there's so much evidence to the contrary that idk why someone would ever fight more than once every 2-3 years if they can afford not to. Colby just got a title shot after almost two years on the shelf. Stipe will get one after over three (and getting violently knocked out in his last fight), and now Costa gets #3 ranked Robert Whittaker after the Izzy disaster L, the Vettori weight disaster L, and a competitive win over washed Rockhold that ended with Costa in bottom position getting blood smeared on his face.
Personally I feel like in situations like this, they only allow the inactive and/or "fading" fighter to keep their high ranking so that they can use them to build the resume of another rising fighter.

Arguably one of the worst cases ever of a rank-squatting Diva who still somehow lands big fights yet always pulls out of them.

Yet they put this guy ahead of Brendan Allen in the rankings who's very active and wins lots of fights.

Another fun fact about Paolo Costa is he's hilarious when upset.

-Garreth McLellan/2017
-Oluwale Bamgbose/2017
-Johny Hendricks/2017
-Uriah Hall/2022
-Yoel Romero/2020
-Luke Rockhold/2022

Dana says it's never a good idea for fighters to sit on the shelf, but there's so much evidence to the contrary that idk why someone would ever fight more than once every 2-3 years if they can afford not to. Colby just got a title shot after almost two years on the shelf. Stipe will get one after over three (and getting violently knocked out in his last fight), and now Costa gets #3 ranked Robert Whittaker after the Izzy disaster L, the Vettori weight disaster L, and a competitive win over washed Rockhold that ended with Costa in bottom position getting blood smeared on his face.

Abit inaccurate cuz he was a few days away from fighting this year ..he got sick..

I feel like this is a Khamzat nut hugger just nitpicking against Costa

As long as Costa's next opponent is Khamzat IDGAF how long

Vettori fight he got smacked around, the Rockhold fight he looked like complete trash.
He got man raped in the Izzy fight, and many people thought he lost the Yoel fight (Which admittedly was fun)...other than that he's wayyyyyy overrated.

This is a very subjective take, sir.

Everyone looked like crap at that Utah card

I think you watched a different Vettori fight than me. Just like the Yoel fight, it was close and fun as both guys threw bombs and Costa staggered Vettori.

Who cares if he is inactive? I'd rather watch Costa fight once a year than sit through Belal fighting 3x a year. To each their own

That’s not a fun fact.

A fun fact would be: Paulo Costa punched a naked transvestite clown who was taking a dump on Costa’s front porch.

Now that didn’t happen. But if it did, fun fact for sure!

This is a very subjective take, sir.

Everyone looked like crap at that Utah card

I think you watched a different Vettori fight than me. Just like the Yoel fight, it was close and fun as both guys threw bombs and Costa staggered Vettori.

Who cares if he is inactive? I'd rather watch Costa fight once a year than sit through Belal fighting 3x a year. To each their own

This is also subjective boss man.
I remember Vettori eating a full on head kick like it was bubble gum.
I don't remember a wobble at all.

You're right about everyone lookin awful in Utah, but Costa was fighting a guy that was at the tail end of his career and still couldn't do much at all with him.

I also don't understand the disdain for Belal, the guy has the second longest win streak in his division and looked noticably better in the Brady fight tbf sir.

yes but that romero fight was awesome and we will all hold out for THAT costa to show up again one day.

Abit inaccurate cuz he was a few days away from fighting this year ..he got sick..

I feel like this is a Khamzat nut hugger just nitpicking against Costa

As long as Costa's next opponent is Khamzat IDGAF how long
Not a Khamzat fan

What does Costa getting sick and pulling out of a fight have to do with him not having a win against someone on the roster?

And still like half of SD thought he would beat Izzy LOL

The writing has been on the wall forever.

Dude has become another Conor. Big talk no walk.

-Garreth McLellan/2017
-Oluwale Bamgbose/2017
-Johny Hendricks/2017
-Uriah Hall/2022
-Yoel Romero/2020
-Luke Rockhold/2022

Dana is a promoter. As a promoter, he needs people fighting or else he has no product. That's why he says fighters waiting is a bad idea.

Sometimes promoters and fighters interests' match, sometimes there is a conflict of interest.

People still talk about this guy because he got raped by Izzy. Izzy made him famous.

Arguably lost the Romero fight
Was getting beat standing by Hall until he cheated
Got tuned by the ghost of Luke Rockhold, who looked like he didn't even wanna be there. Had to struggle to win.
Played the bullshit game with Vettori, getting them to move the fight to 205 lbs like a week before the fight, while he made 0 attempt to cut weight from the time it was scheduled at 185 then 195 then pushed finally to 205. Gets easily beaten by Marvin even while pulling that weight bs.

Dude has no business in the top10 and I'd say he has no business in the UFC.
<Waaah><Waaah>
Tell us how you really feel!

Another fun fact about Paolo Costa is he's hilarious when upset.

Going onto four years and still anxiously awaiting the debut of no-nonsense "Focused & possessed" Paolo that we were teased with after being sexually assaulted by Izzy.

Back