Fuji Gi Comparison

Foblander

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the various Fuji gi models? Thinking about the Kassen in the future. How is the fit compared to the Victory? How do you like it? Is the quality on par with some of the higher priced gi's? Has anyone tried the new lightweight model? How much lighter is it? Can you compare it to another gi out there? Thanks

sorry realized this topic is in wrong section. could a mod please move to gear & equipment discussion? thanks

Lol I will attempt to answer all these. Fuji Victory is awesome gi. I think everyone should try it at least once. Then depending on what you did or didn't like move to more expensive gis. They are good quality all my atama clad friends think its of good quality at a value price. I had a friend ask where to get one since he wanted a single weave in addition to his gold weaves. The kassen is ugly as the hunback of notre dame, even if I was sponsored by them I'd say up yours.

The light weight is significantly lighter, a legit pearl weave and rubber collar. Get one. Hell get a Victory and new lightweight for just a little more money than a kassen. I warn you now the light weight is cut a lot slimmer. My victory I shrank and shrank and shrank to perfect. I bought the same size in the lightweight and I zapped it 10 min in dryer and that bitch is tournament tight. Still legal, but tight. Def go size up if you are borderline. What are your measurements?

any pics yet? also when comparing victory and lightweight are the sleeve length and pant length the same in your size? Is it just the width of the sleeves, body, and pants that is cut slimmer but the length remained the same?

for reelz, pics plz. I would like to see the lightweight in more detail. I know there's a pic of it on kodokan gear website but it doesn't show much, if its a slim cut as I think it is, it's a buy for me.

i own a white fuji victory A2 and i guy i train with just bought a white a2 kassen. the cut is exactly the same, but the weave is different. it still pearl but its a tighter type of weave. i havent rolled in his yet, but i would have to say the price difference isnt really justified.

i have no idea about the lightweight, but i prefer my fuji over all the other gi's that i have owned (Atama Mundial 9, P&S Goldweave, Gameness Platinum, RedStar) i had a hard time finding a gi that was cut slim but still easy to move in for my frame 5'8 150lbs with long arms (70" reach).

I am 5'9 220 and a fucji a3 fits pretty much perfect the only thing i have agaisnt the victory is that they keep shrinking even if you wash in cold and hang dry .

I iwsh i could see some pics of the light weight though be nice to see no one else but kodakan gear has them .

The kassen is ugly as the hunback of notre dame, even if I was sponsored by them I'd say up yours.

have you tried this gi by chance? do you have any objections to it other than all the patches?

i'm curious how it feels/performs compared to other single weaves in that price range

kinda mad these just came out. i bought the victory single weave in white and blue only a month ago. i would have picked up on of these instead if i had known.

Don't worry man the victories are still solid and who knows probably even better. We haven't even heard much about this new lightweight gi to have a verdict. My Fuji A2 fits me perfectly. I like everything about it. I thought the cut was pretty slim already. heh I'll wait for reviews before making a purchase.

Don't worry man the victories are still solid and who knows probably even better. We haven't even heard much about this new lightweight gi to have a verdict. My Fuji A2 fits me perfectly. I like everything about it. I thought the cut was pretty slim already. heh I'll wait for reviews before making a purchase.

oh believe me, so far i love the fuji gi's i bought. i'm just saying that if i had known i would have gotten one single weave and one lightweight. maybe they aren't even that different to even notice during the hot summer, but i would have still tried it.

the single weaves are really great though. after getting it i honestly don't see what more i could want from a gi, especially when i see people paying twice the price for all these different brands.

I have a Fuji Kassen from Kodokan Gear and everyone where I train has a Fuji single weave, some are the Relson model, some just the plain Fuji single. The collar on my Kassen is significantly thinner than the single weave collar. The Kassen collar is made of foam while the single weave Fuji is traditional. The thinner collar does allow your opponent a better choke. What I do like about the Kassen is the fit and the fact that it dries very quickly. If I drive home after training (about 30 minutes) with the windows down, it's dry when I pull into the driveway. You can also wash it, hang it up, and it's dry the next morning.

Back