Law Fuhrer Trudeau set to Regulate and Censor Podcasts

I'm all good.

Just not interested in posting where mods actively cheer on slander and trolling. If things change I'll be back regularly but otherwise I'm out. It's one thing getting called a scumbag and a garbage human being, but claims I said "fuck black people" and lies about cheering on beating up gay people will be met with outright hostility.

There's a few mods here I still respect so instead of making their lives difficult I'll just check in when I get a PM.

you're the not only one, brother. I'll just leave it at that.

No, expanding is extending regulatory control over a portion of the industry that wasn't previously subjected to that regulatory control, which can include censorship or pressure to censor. The legislation is calling for things such as "Equity" for example, so online broadcast networks can be pressured to regulate their content if they aren't meeting Canada's criteria for equity.

I disagree with you, since that industry itself didn't exist.
You shouldn't be able to skirt regulation by changing the delivery method. It's the same idea content they are regulating with a different carrier.

To characterize it as some fascist over-reach is ridiculous, given the standards which are already in place.

Do I think they will be successful? Nope, but I think it's fine for them to set a Canadian standard for the current medium.

I'm all good.

Just not interested in posting where mods actively cheer on slander and trolling. If things change I'll be back regularly but otherwise I'm out. It's one thing getting called a scumbag and a garbage human being, but claims I said "fuck black people" and lies about cheering on beating up gay people will be met with outright hostility.

There's a few mods here I still respect so instead of making their lives difficult I'll just check in when I get a PM.
Shouldn't you be protesting a gay rally or drag show or something?

j/k, j/k. Welcome any time brother bald1

You were referring to the fact that Canadians elect MPs to represent their district federally. No one cares about them. Everyone votes based on which PM they want, which is why the leaders of each party broadcast political advertisements and campaign nationwide. I couldn't tell you the name of a single MP who has ever been elected from my riding. And neither could anyone else unless they were someone prominent.
Maybe it's because I'm on the west coast but I know who my reps are going way back from various parties , and reps from neighboring ridings as well .

Everyone should imho

So are you guys going to do anything but vote for him again?

Hysterical much ?

So I guess you must believe that if Trudeau loses the next election ( which is likely) he won't just go away quietly, you believe he's going to pull a trump and kick and scream and try and stay in power?

<LikeReally5>

So to, "The Left Can't Meme" we can add, "The Left Can't Recognise a Joke"?

Back