• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Friday Fun Facts with Woldog! V2: Now with 5% real Fact Checking

Did you know that pigs cannot look up at the sky, unless you flip them over.
handsome-hispanic-man-wearing-police-260nw-1943223499.jpg

FALSE!!!

Shakespeare was black. This guy at the park told me that when I was a little kid. I was too scared to tell him no because he was much older and diesel as hell. I just wanted him on my basketball team.

Fun Fact #36
Did you know? A hard landing is often done on purpose

Hard landings are often done on purpose for a variety of reasons:

-if the runway is wet, a hard landing helps breaking the water surface tension and avoids skidding

-if it’s windy, a hard landing is performed in order to avoid wind blowing you out the sides of the runway

-a hard landing allows the pilots to put down the plane as quickly as possible, allowing them to exit to the nearest possible taxiway to the gate, thus saving fuel

• on shorter runways, it allows for more breaking distance

Fun Fact #24601
A man was fined $9.4 million and sentenced to 8 years in jail for stealing 3,000 tonnes of maple syrup which cost $18.7 million from Quebec reserve in 2012.
tbf that's the story for the Canadian version of Heat

Fun Fact #spacetime
Between the time it was discovered and the time it was unclassified as a planet, Pluto didn’t even complete one revolution around the Sun.

Back