Frequency of meat eating over the years?

stylesbjj**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where can I find historic data on the frequency of meat eating? I'm particularly interested in America over the last 200 years, but other time periods would be interesting as well.

Meat wasn't invented until the 1950's.

Interesting subject as always Stylesbjj, I'd be interested to find out also. If you can find anything half decent then please post it.

Where can I find historic data on the frequency of meat eating? I'm particularly interested in America over the last 200 years, but other time periods would be interesting as well.

This topic is covered a bit in Good Calories, Bad Calories, but more so with carbohydrates than proteins.

Are you talking frequency, or quantity? The question your asking is interesting, but there's way too many variables to accurately answer. Geographical locations, economic status, and demographics are but a few.

I'm sure the writings of Cordain and De Vany have covered this, but I have no idea how you'd get access to what they have.

Like 300-400 years ago, didn't "Americans" basically eat like only meat?

I'll have to save that to read when I can Vedic. Thanks. BTW, the link has meta in it, so you have to replace the ****s with it when the link fails.

Are you talking frequency, or quantity?

I am interested in both. I see that there are a lot of variables, but I think the average consumption would satisfy my curiosities. I would also like to know the amounts % wise as well (compared to grains, veggies, ect.).

Back