French Uchi-Mata Vid. Check it out

nice, thanks!

let me know if you need a specific part translated, I can help you with that.

Everyone does uchi in a different way:

a) attacking leg on the inside of opponent's far leg, like a hane goshi -- this vid (easier for me)

b) attacking leg on the inside of opponent near leg (more difficult for me)

c) more hips or more legs

there are many variation and I never understood what's the canonical way.

Everyone does uchi in a different way:

a) attacking leg on the inside of opponent's far leg, like a hane goshi -- this vid (easier for me)

b) attacking leg on the inside of opponent near leg (more difficult for me)

c) more hips or more legs

there are many variation and I never understood what's the canonical way.

I posted this vid in a thread 2 days ago. Luther, there is no OFFICIAL way to do the throw. The POPULAR version has changed from decade to decade. There are actually three. The two you mentioned, (O Uchimata, and Ko Uchimata repesctivly) and a third, Taka Uchimata which goes directly up the middle.

You only made one mistake, your O Uchimata (the one you described as version A) is NOT at all like Hane Goshi. It's just a far leg attacking Uchimata. For it to be Hane Goshi there would have to be an upward spring that blasts/launches the uke into the air. There is nothing in this video to suggest anything resembling a "spring".

Hane Goshi = Springing Hip

^lol distinguishing hane goshi and o uchi mata for one poster at a time eh? Your work's never done :p

Thanks for the reply Drew.

As for the hane comparison it was just to better illustrate leg positioning, I concur that the two throws have different mechanic.

Is "ken ken uchi" considered another variation?

^lol distinguishing hane goshi and o uchi mata for one poster at a time eh? Your work's never done :p

HAHAHAHAHA. wouldn't say that it's "work" for me. But, it does get tedious after a while. I think I need to come up with a generic explanation and copy it so I can paste whenever neccesary. :)

But no. It does seem like it's never done. I feel like Superman over here... lol

Back