Social French restaurant forced to remove its "Tching Tchong Salad" from the menu

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
Accused of racism, a Parisian restaurant removes from its menu a salad called "Tching Tchong".

Due to the growing controversy, Christophe Adam, the head of the establishment, apologized "to the entire Asian community" and all its "customers" after recognizing the "awkward", "offensive" and "pejorative" name.

Link (in french) : http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/l...-excuse-pour-sa-tching-tchong-salade-20190430

That’s just wring wrong

C_XcdahXsAEvH8a.jpg

Over 20 bucks for a salad?

That’s the real story here

A friend of mine put "Chinese cocktail" on a drink menu on his last night at a fancy restaurant. A Chinese cocktail is water with lemon. Not sure how racist, but funny af

I pray for the day we tell the twitter mob to fuck off

This is definitely thread worthy.

-> Restaurant named Tching Tchang Tchang in Bordeaux
SJW: REEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Cultural appropriation! Racism!
-> Owned by 3 Vietnamese sisters, making fun of themselves / not taking themselves seriously
SJW: ... Oh. I bow down to the supreme wisdom of the sisters of colour.

o.jpg

-> Restaurant named Tching Tchang Tchang in Bordeaux
SJW: REEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Cultural appropriation! Racism!
-> Owned by 3 Vietnamese sisters, making fun of themselves / not taking themselves seriously
SJW: ... Oh. I bow down to the supreme wisdom of the sisters of colour.

o.jpg
What if white people buy the restaurant

Let me guess. No actual Asians gave a fuck, but 3 or 4 pasty white liberals did and this is the result.

Wow, I just got dumber from viewing that. And you watched 17 minutes of it.

{<jordan}

I think you missed the point, but others did as well lol. It's from a hbomberguy video where he actually mocks silly talking points like that, as if you could somehow go from ''racist'' to ''too not racist''.

I think you missed the point, but others did as well lol. It's from a hbomberguy video where he actually mocks silly talking points like that, as if you could somehow go from ''racist'' to ''too not racist''.

You gotta abide by poe's law bro, I was rolling lmao.

In Thai "ting tong" means stupid. Sometimes pronounced as "ding dong" to add emphasis.

Anyone want to buy a French military rifle.. Never used - dropped once.

Back