Freeze Frame Method (Instuctional Video)

Centaur

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I've been working on some new videos and this is one I just finished. It's a short instructional on how to take some time at the end of a technique or combo to make sure everything is in the right place as you land a strike.
Let me know what you think and if you have any constructive criticism I'd love to get some feedback (quality of video, audio, actual method etc.)

Also, if you have any ideas for videos I'd love to hear them!

I think this would make it easier to learn transition from one position to another. For example, if you freeze frame a left hook, you can use the freeze to figure out what attacks are likely to come your way (e.g. right cross), and then have a move that defends against that shot and puts you in another strong position (e.g. weave under the cross and counter hit to the body).

Would like to add 3 more methods I use:
-Slow motion of the whole movement every now and then.
-Add another strike after the strike I work on, helps me see if i am in a good position/balance
-Make my partner attack after the strike. Helps me again with the positioning, quick return to a good stance

I do this, so I approve. I salute the production quality as well.

Thank you!

I think this would make it easier to learn transition from one position to another. For example, if you freeze frame a left hook, you can use the freeze to figure out what attacks are likely to come your way (e.g. right cross), and then have a move that defends against that shot and puts you in another strong position (e.g. weave under the cross and counter hit to the body).

Good idea, might add that to another video. Thanks!

Would like to add 3 more methods I use:
-Slow motion of the whole movement every now and then.
-Add another strike after the strike I work on, helps me see if i am in a good position/balance
-Make my partner attack after the strike. Helps me again with the positioning, quick return to a good stance

I actually teach your first and third suggestion as well. In fact I really push that third method a lot in my classes. As for the second suggestion, (similar to Fire of Youth's) I haven't really uses that approach so I will adopt that for a bit in my own training and once I get it down will pass it on.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back