Free fight: Gaethje v Barboza

Lol I’m not a fan of plenty of fighters, Barboza isn’t anything special.
Haha, it's all good, just wanted to keep the "Why"-train rolling.

I think Barboza is pretty entertaining and nice to watch though, but hey, everyone has a differen taste!

May I ask how? When has Ferguson outclassed anybody? Even against RDA (when Ferguson was in his prime), the fight was really close and RDA didn't really need to try hard to touch Ferguson.

He gets hit a lot, and his defense is abysmal.

Poirier also has better footwork, defense, combination punching, counters and power - Ferguson isn't really good at any of these things.
He doesn't outclass. He is just mentally tougher then every guy he fights. He goes in to break people and is confident in his skills everywhere to do it.

Wish there was more kicks thrown. These guys are 2 of the best at 55 ( in mma history as well) Regardless, takes some balls to go stand there in front of Edson and exchange

I bet everyone one of you's complaining about the eyepoke are DC nuthuggers

<36>

May I ask how? When has Ferguson outclassed anybody? Even against RDA (when Ferguson was in his prime), the fight was really close and RDA didn't really need to try hard to touch Ferguson.

He gets hit a lot, and his defense is abysmal.

Poirier also has better footwork, defense, combination punching, counters and power - Ferguson isn't really good at any of these things.

The fight vs RDA wasn't "really close". RDA won rd 1 somewhat clearly, and rd 3 was very close. Tony clearly won rd 2, and spent rds 4 and 5 beating the hell out of him.

Tony "outclassing" someone might look a bit different because he pressures and forces people into wars of attrition. He shoulder rolls punches, he's only been actually hurt once in his career by a punch (and once by a head kick by Lando).

None of this means that Justin isn't dangerous as hell. He could land a bomb and end things, he's capable. But if the fight progresses past about 7-8 minutes, odds are it's going to look very much like Tony outclassing Justin. He will be feeding him his jab, and Justin's face will turn into hamburger.

Love rewatching this fight. Easiest money I ever made betting on a fight.

Along with great power Gaethje has excellent footwork, head movement and uses his wrestling backround

I like Gaethje a lot and I bet money on him to beat Edson and Tony but he needs to close those hands man. He eye poked Dustin several times and did the same to Edson right before the KO.

Yeah, I'm a big fan, but that bugs me too. Tony has done some questionable shit himself, though, so I won't feel bad in this fight. whatever happens will happen.

that was a nasty eye poke by gaethje just before the KO ...

3b4354_c6397ef1782b49efb7d6ef551799be1d~mv2.png

The one I saw was nearly two minutes before the Ko, but yeah, it was bad. It happens when Gaetje looks to frame on his opponents heads. It's a shame

Was there live for this. Great knockout, great atmosphere after it happened. Philly is a great crowd for fights.

Me too, man! Was row 2, first and only time I've been that close to the action. Yeah, that place was ecstatic after the KO; great times indeed.

The fight vs RDA wasn't "really close". RDA won rd 1 somewhat clearly, and rd 3 was very close. Tony clearly won rd 2, and spent rds 4 and 5 beating the hell out of him.

Tony "outclassing" someone might look a bit different because he pressures and forces people into wars of attrition. He shoulder rolls punches, he's only been actually hurt once in his career by a punch (and once by a head kick by Lando).

None of this means that Justin isn't dangerous as hell. He could land a bomb and end things, he's capable. But if the fight progresses past about 7-8 minutes, odds are it's going to look very much like Tony outclassing Justin. He will be feeding him his jab, and Justin's face will turn into hamburger.

He really kicked RDA’s ass in that fight. It was a breakthrough performance for Tony. He’s been slicing fools up ever since.

The thing with Tony is that he’ll sustain some scary hits or moments in the 1st round, but by the end of the 2nd round you’ll notice he just starts picking his opponent apart. And by the time the fight is done, you’ll realize he just outclassed his foe. He does it almost every time.

Cowboy was on a 3 fight winning streak and just beat Iaquinta when Tony picked him apart.

Tony sliced and diced Pettis up.
He out maneuvered RDA.

Submitted both Barboza and Kevin Lee.

The one I saw was nearly two minutes before the Ko, but yeah, it was bad. It happens when Gaetje looks to frame on his opponents heads. It's a shame
it is the exact eyes where the punch that KOed barboza came from ...

Back