• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Free Fight: Conor McGregor Vs. Dustin Poirier 1

BigSmokeNumber9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

I didn't remember Dustin landing leg kicks in this fight. It's also crazy how much faster Conor was in this fight. I guess 7 years is a lot of time in the fight game. Thoughts?

At that time, Poirier had more fights and had actually been in wars. Now the experience gap has widened with Poirier having been in more fights and even more wars. Conor just fights differently now, and Poirier has the durability to eat his power at 155 while Conor can't say the same.

At that time, Poirier had more fights and had actually been in wars. Now the experience gap has widened with Poirier having been in more fights and even more wars. Conor just fights differently now, and Poirier has the durability to eat his power at 155 while Conor can't say the same.

Yeah it's so weird how Dustin's chin somehow improved as he's gotten older when it's usually the other way around.

It's almost like fighters change.

Yeah but the thing is the difference between this Conor and now is like night and day. So much more loose and more variety in attacks. It's like Conor forgot half his moves or something.

Conor came onto the scene with a big advantage in the striking realm over most guys.

Now a lot of those guys have caught up/ surpassed him while they've been out grinding, whereas Conor has stayed the same or maybe even gotten worse. Fighting once every 2 years will do that.

Conors peak didn't last very long now he's 3-3 in this last 6 bouts

Long ago and less convincing than the recent rematch. I'd be very suprised if he wins the trilogy

Yeah but the thing is the difference between this Conor and now is like night and day. So much more loose and more variety in attacks. It's like Conor forgot half his moves or something.

Early Conor was interesting because he’d do all flashy stuff but it was more to gauge distance and set up his left hand. Kinda started this flashy trend period in MMA but most others lack a lot of the basic effective striking.

He seems to have abandoned that after gassing himself in the first Nate fight and probably being heavier.

The Denis Siver fight is a good one to watch. He throws wheel kicks, jump roundhouse kicks and spinning back kicks but does all the damage with his lead uppercut, lead body hook and straight left.

I remember that Poirier landed a couple of low kicks but I didn’t realise he landed so many.

Poitier got better and evolved as a fighter over the years while Conor, so it seems to me, got slower, less explosive and just kinda lacks the confidence he had. Also, similiar to overeem after he lost to Bigfoot he seems to care about cardio so much now it changed his game, to the better or worse based on the opponent I guess. He had poirier hurt for a moment in their rematch and I think younger mcg would have went after him and tried to finish it which might would have changed the outcome of the fight. I think he still would have lost though. Poirier handles a situation like that way better now.

ill give you 150 million reasons why connor was different in the 1st fight than the 2nd fight:

....150 million dollars.

end of list.

Oh shit. I am definitely now convinced that Conor wins.

Unless I see the rematch. If I see the rematch, then Dustin definitely wins.

Whoever wins is dependent on whoever's performance I last see.

ill give you 150 million reasons why connor was different in the 1st fight than the 2nd fight:

....150 million dollars.

end of list.

If you actually want to know about REAL REASONS and Real MENTAL WARFARE TRICKS, this video will be of interest to you :

type in you tube : Conor McGregor BYRON LEON

This type of advice is as good as it gets.

Back