Freddie Roach: UFC will never let Conor take a boxing match, he's not that good a fighter

Freddie's brain must have finally disintegrated into mush.

Boxers are not fighters, they are boxers.

Conor is a fighter.

I could probably beat Mayweather in a real fight with my 8 on again off again years of training BJJ. Dudes arm wouldn't extend to my chin when standing up straight anyway.

Conor's a fighter, but say, Mike Tyson, not a fighter, just a boxer, right?
Man, I'd love to slap you right across the fucking face if that would be possible.

Floyd Mayweather would win in a boxing match.

Conor would win in an MMA match.

In a real alleyway street fight.... we have no idea. That would include eye gouges, throat punches, ball punching, kicking downed opponents, hitting back of head, headbutts, etc etc. Basically all the moves that are banned in both sports because they can instantly cause severe damage.
Very true,

But MMA has less restrictions so I think its pretty reasonable to assume they are a better all around fighter.

But in reality, the bro with the biggest gun wins on the streets:

tumblr_muqha0DS4S1rwl09fo1_500.gif

Conor's a fighter, but say, Mike Tyson, not a fighter, just a boxer, right?
Man, I'd love to slap you right across the fucking face if that would be possible.

Spoken like a bitch.

Sure, I've read Pope's Rape of the Lock. To rape is to take; just like a raptor is a bird of prey notable for having talons to seize and take away it's prey. But it is very uncommon to use the term as anything other than reference to sexual assault in the modern US, and I'm quite skeptical that MMA fans laughing about one fighter raping another or thinking he's having his material goods looted.

Anyway, I'm not trying to go on a crusade to change it. I don't like it, but I don't think people who talk like that are pro-rape or anything like that. But since someone mentioned it, I took the opportunity to say my piece.
It's good that you don't take it too seriously and recognize that usage is not a lens into the moral view of such an action. The best way I can put it is guys just busting balls (wink, wink).

I can see how it can make one uncomfortable, though.

Conor, fighter?

Anybody with wrestling in real street rules would kill Conor in unarmed combat.

Any real WW would also kill the manlet in unarmed combat.
Here we go. A certified hater. Theyre everywhere.

That is just dumb. Cannot believe I actually read all of it. Shields and Maia do not go past 1st round either in a boxing match with Floyd.

That's what so funny about some of the idiots posting here.
When you see a complete mismatch in boxing the inferior fighter doesn't lose on points, they're brutally knocked unconscious in the first round.

Freddie's brain must have finally disintegrated into mush.

Boxers are not fighters, they are boxers.

Conor is a fighter.

I could probably beat Mayweather in a real fight with my 8 on again off again years of training BJJ. Dudes arm wouldn't extend to my chin when standing up straight anyway.
You would wake up in hospital with no recolletion of the event. Then see highlights of yourself stiff as a board in the first round.

You would wake up in hospital with no recolletion of the event. Then see highlights of yourself stiff as a board in the first round.
More than likely.

I'm just pointing out the greatest ever boxer could have a serious problem with a fucking amateur grappler if they got anywhere near him.

Very true,

But MMA has less restrictions so I think its pretty reasonable to assume they are a better all around fighter.

MMA does have less restrictions, but that's a bit of a catch 22 as a lot of the techniques that work well in MMA on a mat and with a cage don't work as well on asphalt or with brick walls. Plus a lot of fights would be very different if you were actually allowed to grab the cage.... which people sure as fuck would be doing if someone was trying to take them down at a bar or whatever. So relying on some MMA techniques on the street could get you in some serious trouble.

So really all we can say is Conor is a better MMA fighter, Floyd is a better boxing fighter. A fight on the street would basically be whoever lands the first throat punch, ball kick, eye shot, headbutt, etc. first.

MMA does have less restrictions, but that's a bit of a catch 22 as a lot of the techniques that work well in MMA on a mat and with a cage don't work as well on asphalt or with brick walls. Plus a lot of fights would be very different if you were actually allowed to grab the cage.... which people sure as fuck would be doing if someone was trying to take them down at a bar or whatever. So relying on some MMA techniques on the street could get you in some serious trouble.

So really all we can say is Conor is a better MMA fighter, Floyd is a better boxing fighter. A fight on the street would basically be whoever lands the first throat punch, ball kick, eye shot, headbutt, etc. first.
Let's be real. In an actually street fight between Conor and Mayweather, Mayweather's bodyguards will shoot Conor. End game

Very true,

tumblr_muqha0DS4S1rwl09fo1_500.gif

Spoken like a bitch.

Answer my question 'bitch',...then we'll go from there. A boxer is just a boxer, right, wouldn't have a clue how to fight in a real 'fight' correct, take a man like Rocky Marciano,...just a boxer, not a fighter in your opinion, correct?

Let's be real. In an actually street fight between Conor and Mayweather, Mayweather's bodyguards will shoot Conor. End game

Well in an American street fight for sure, it'd just be a bunch of people with machine guns shooting at each other

More than likely.

I'm just pointing out the greatest ever boxer could have a serious problem with a fucking amateur grappler if they got anywhere near him.

I think Mayweather is actually a bad example of a boxer who could possibly do well at high-level MMA. He doesn't have the punching power to capitalize on the weaker stand-up of MMA fighters, which means he'd have a lot less of a chance of hurting them before they landed the takedown.

Guys like Gennady, Kovalev, Canelo, etc. I think would have a much better chance at transitioning simply because they can possibly capitalize on early mistakes.. plus they have the power to make their opponents doubt themselves.

Mayweather just doesn't have any killshot power to make people wary of him. They'll just charge him.

4 Rounds? Freddie Roach must not have seen Conor fight much i guess.

Freddie Roach is a dinosaur and is obviously just putting his sport above that of MMA for positioning reasons by saying this.

Of course boxers are fighters, people that say otherwise are being silly, but MMA is still a far greater representation of what most 'real' fights would look like than boxing is.

Roach's opinion is largely influence by how much he is likely to benefit from saying nice things about a guy.

5 years?
How many years did it take Cus to turn Mike into Iron Mike? 3-4

Back