FrankieNYC RIP

Somebody emailed me this to post on this thread:
Hello,

I found this thread from a search on Frankie NYC.

I knew him for about 2 and a half years before his passing. I am a bartender near his last home in North New Jersey. We became friends due to MMA. He mentioned a lot on things he did online with MMA. I use my phone for everything so I don't involve myself in Twitter and forums.

I did not know his family. I met one of his close friends and know another died about 6 months prior to him. I have no idea who alerted you to his passing. It took me about 5 weeks to hear from others in the neighborhood.

I read every post in the thread and it is spectacular to read knowing him the way I did.

He had a very rich history, but very private. I will do my best to fill in some gaps.

He was a big man. About 6'2" and 250 and heavy, but like a tank. He was great to have sit in the corner of a bar in case drunks acted up, but he said his last fight was in decades and would just ignore idiots or laugh at them. It was funny to see.

He showed me emails from two ex UFC champs that he had contact with. He said they contacted him because of fighter salary stuff he knew about. He knew other fighters but I couldn't remember if they were known. I am a casual MMA fan.

I know he knew someone in UFC. He said the name, but I never heard of him before. If it is not Dana I am lost.

He showed me other stuff, but that was from reporters he became friendly with that he said he talked to a lot. One name I remembered I found on Twitter in a search named John Nash that twittered they spoke and he was sad.

He would text me fight info a lot and tell me about stuff that went over my head about PPV and TV and used to bitch they fighters did not get paid more and UFC were making more than I thought.

He was not married or had kids. If he did have kids, I did not know and I think I would know.

His health issues were heart and respiratory.

I don't imagine, I have a lot more to contribute, since we just talked over a bar and by text. This thread was outstanding, minus one guy that should get his face punched in.

I'm really really happy to see he touched lives online. He mentioned things he was doing with MMA online, but you know how it goes, if it doesn't concern you it gets pushed in the back of the memory.

RIP BIG GUY

Good shit

Thanks for the info

Rip big dog Frankie

Hello,

I knew him for about 2 and a half years before his passing. I am a bartender near his last home in North New Jersey. We became friends due to MMA. He mentioned a lot on things he did online with MMA. I use my phone for everything so I don't involve myself in Twitter and forums.

I did not know his family. I met one of his close friends and know another died about 6 months prior to him. I have no idea who alerted you to his passing. It took me about 5 weeks to hear from others in the neighborhood.

I read every post in the thread and it is spectacular to read knowing him the way I did.

He had a very rich history, but very private. I will do my best to fill in some gaps.

He was a big man. About 6'2" and 250 and heavy, but like a tank. He was great to have sit in the corner of a bar in case drunks acted up, but he said his last fight was in decades and would just ignore idiots or laugh at them. It was funny to see.

He showed me emails from two ex UFC champs that he had contact with. He said they contacted him because of fighter salary stuff he knew about. He knew other fighters but I couldn't remember if they were known. I am a casual MMA fan.

I know he knew someone in UFC. He said the name, but I never heard of him before. If it is not Dana I am lost.

He showed me other stuff, but that was from reporters he became friendly with that he said he talked to a lot. One name I remembered I found on Twitter in a search named John Nash that twittered they spoke and he was sad.

He would text me fight info a lot and tell me about stuff that went over my head about PPV and TV and used to bitch they fighters did not get paid more and UFC were making more than I thought.

He was not married or had kids. If he did have kids, I did not know and I think I would know.

I don't imagine, I have a lot more to contribute, since we just talked over a bar and by text. This thread was outstanding, minus one guy that should get his face punched in.

I'm really really happy to see he touched lives online. He mentioned things he was doing with MMA online, but you know how it goes, if it doesn't concern you it gets pushed in the back of the memory.

RIP BIG GUY
Thanks ALOT!!!!!!!

Thanks, Jersey. That was the closure (some better than none) we needed.

Hello,

RIP BIG GUY
Nice Post man!

Seems like a really chill dude! I'm really sorry to read that... Rest in peace.
Hope they have a sick MMA gym in heaven!

Wanted to post in this thread for a while but didn't wanna just post a throwaway comment. But just now I realise I really miss the guy. We had lots of arguments but there was always a mutual respect between us through them all. Always liked him and told him so. Was shocked when I saw this thread first time. I knew he was ill but had no idea it was this serious. RIP Frankie, we've lost a great person.

Didn’t know the guy, but he touched a few people in here, so RIP big guy

Hello,

RIP BIG GUY
Thx for posting this bro.

Frankie NYC was one of those where I'd brighten up when I saw that he posted. There's a good number like that here. Seeing those who have paid respects I've come to appreciate you more as unique individuals. We all have our struggles and joys.

I was here when he mentioned he was going in hospital again. Had a feeling it could be serious and wished him well. He was kind enough to reply with a thanks. Said a prayer for him & his loved ones.

Word to @HHJ. Thank you for sharing the information & being supremely cool about it all. You're a good man.

Hello,

RIP BIG GUY
I wonder who needs the face punching...

I was wondering the PPV buys for the BMF PPV, and then remembered how Frankie would be so enthusiastic and informative on such topics.
He loved posting about that and he'd always have good info.

cant believe my homie has already passed from this life for 8 months already. life moves so fast its insane. Frankie's passing really made it difficult for me to be active here. i miss him dearly. he was a decent dude

One love to everyone that keeps coming back here

Back