Frank Shamrock: Bound by Blood

Translation Ken Shamrock is my brother alrighty then. :icon_lol:

That was a pretty bad ass show.

Fucking DVR cut off with a few minutes to go (where Ken and Frank are having the sit down).

Damn I always wanted to see ken and frank finally hash it out. These guys are true living legends. Brothers. Their feud was so petty.

Whoever produced this did a really good job. A lot better then I expected. The Ken and Frank sit down at the end was intense. You could tell it was real. No fake shit.

I don't want to completely judge here because we only got the tiniest little bit of the whole story, but from what we saw Frank genuinely seemed to feel bad that his brother was homeless. I can guarantee you if I had the money Frank Shamrock must have someone I deeply cared about would not be homeless.

i recorded the show but was cut off at the moment when the shamrocks are sitting down and ken calls frank a coward. can somebody please sum up the rest if it's not too much longer?
Ken said his dad was very smart when it came to psychology, and he felt the only way for the brothers to truly get past everything from their history was for them to fight. Frank said he didn't want anymore pain (mental/physical) and didn't want to do that. Ken said they could go in the back and just get all their frustration out and it would never be spoken of again and no one would know about it. It wasn't confrontational though, Ken was more just explaining what his father had said. Ken apologized for anything he did that may have hurt Frank, and Frank asked for Ken's forgiveness as well. They hugged and that was pretty much it.

I thought it was ok. Loved seeing the pancrase and early MMA. How awesome would it be if a channel would actually air air old MMA stuff, from both Japan and early UFC.

I luckily figured that it would run long(spike always seems to have issues with recording times for DVR's) They both said what I figured they would say, since it was reported a few months ago that they reconciled. They were both paid to reconcile on camera, so I'm sure it wasn't 100% genuine.

By the time I found out that was on, I forgot to set the DVR. I don't see any replays on the Spike DVR listing.

im glad I finally found out what happened to Frank's nose...Bas will always be my favorite fighter.

Missed it :( is there a link? I tried ordering it on Amazon Instant Video (but its not on there.)

Great show. Man, Frank really needs to exorcize his demons. He's so talented but he lets petty differences destroy relationships. I don't know what being abused by his stepfather did to him but I was shocked to hear that he threatened to kill his sister when he was a kid. He clearly has issues and yes it is sad that he hadn't spoken to his brother in a number of years and let him live homeless on the street. He's got money. He said his brother had mental problems but he could help him out and I hope he does.

The feud between Frank and Ken seems extremely petty. What I got from the show was that both Bob Shamrock and Ken hurt Frank emotionally when they turned their back on him with Bob saying he had to get along with Ken to be accepted by him and Ken supposedly saying that Frank couldn't become a world champion fighter. The situation seems like it could be easily fixed with an apology and it's a shame that Frank wasn't able to patch things up with his adopted father or even attend his funeral. Maybe letting all of this out in the open will help Frank Shamrock reflect on his personal problems and find some solutions. After watching this I don't think that Frank and Ken fighting will solve anything. I don't even want to see the fight. It's irrelevant and no good can come of it. If they can't get along now there's no hope for them.

Ken called Frank a coward during their talk. I think that Frank just has trouble dealing with relationships which stems from abandonment by his biological father and abuse by his stepfather. He can't take rejection and took Bob Shamrock's criticism as betrayal. As successful as he's been in the sport it is unfortunate that he could not achieve that same success in his personal life. I always liked Frank as a fighter and hope he finds peace as a person.

People whose DVR cut out? Man that sucks the best 5 minutes was the last five minutes. Made the whole show worth watching.
They really gotta fix that DVR problem
It's happened to me several times now, extremely frustrating

People whose DVR cut out? Man that sucks the best 5 minutes was the last five minutes. Made the whole show worth watching.
They really gotta fix that DVR problem
It's happened to me several times now, extremely frustrating

Yeah I just moved and I've switched from AT&T to Comcast Xfinity. This TV special is actually the first thing I've recorded on my DVR. I made sure to extend the program to ensure that it did not cut off. It only allows for a 5 minute extension and it STILL cut off a few seconds of the end of the program. I just downloaded the torrent this morning and caught the full ending.

Yeah I just moved and I've switched from AT&T to Comcast Xfinity. This TV special is actually the first thing I've recorded on my DVR. I made sure to extend the program to ensure that it did not cut off. It only allows for a 5 minute extension and it STILL cut off a few seconds of the end of the program. I just downloaded the torrent this morning and caught the full ending.

You think with the technology these days that the cable box could be aware the program is not over and continue recording until it is? It's fn ridiculous to watch an entire fight night and end up missing the last round of the main event ?!?

I bet Bellator would love to sell that. Shamrocks time spent on WWE massively increased his name recognition. I remember back in the "dark days" I could never get anyone to watch the fights, but if Ken Shamrock was on the card I could get a crowd of people together.

i think ken's been (voluntarily) milked to the bone by promotions

Watched this little gem on spike tonight

Was really enjoyable, from the beef between ken and frank and frank not going to his fathers funeral to frank finding his homeless blood brother perry living under a Bridge in Cali. Good watch

On a side note i caught myself Wondering what type negative, disrespectful, ignorant comments DFW will have to say about it bc it a) it's frank shamrock and b) it's on spike

Hopefully u guys watched it. If not have a look I'm sure it'll be on again sometime soon

I wanna watch it and will it another another shot, but honestly i started watching and turned it off right after he started talking about his homeless brother. I just thought it was kinda weak that he hadn't seen his homeless brother who was suffering from a mental illness for 7 years, but he decided to reconnect with him when they where shooting his documentary.

Back