Frank Mir says Fedor never lost his ability, the game just caught up to him as the sport evolved.

tumblr_okqqwlVflu1rbaz6mo1_400.gif

lol since when has mir evolved? hes always been the same high postured flat footed no boxing or good kicks or even takedowns mir wins by scrambling hopefully ending up on top and looking for a kimura or head and arm choke

Spoken like a shertarder.

MMA hasn’t evolved significantly from Frank Shamrock...let alone Emelianenko Fyodor.

What caught up to Fedor was the devolution of his own game. He became a headhunter and neglected the grappling portion of his game. Also, reflexes and quickness can go any ol time. Those attributes were extremely important for Fedor and aren’t present in his fights.

Does Dan Henderson, Bigfoot, Mitrione, and Werdum really represent some evolution that Fedor would have never, at any point, been able to handle? Explain that to me. That’s the implication when you say a guy is basically a relic and his game just wasn’t evolved enough for the likes of new breed fighters like Dan Henderson..cross training jack of all trades like Mitrione(oh wait, he’s just a headhunter)..slow giants like Bigfoot..and at the time a BJJ ace only in Fabrício Werdum. Yeah, it’s evolution.

Get the fuck out of here, Frank

yes it has evolved alottttttttttttt from even 2012 me as a professional have noticed a hugeee difference ever notice nobody goes tot here back anyone after being takendown? ever notice how u rarely see guys on the ground longer than 5 seconds due to peoples tdd being so much better nowadays? notice how the strikings trippled in skill? i wish u were right about the sport hasnt evolved would make fights much easier

For one thing, TDD is soooo much better today. I was just pointing out to a friend that we rarely see great slams anymore because of the quality of TDD.

Not that there aren’t takedowns anymore, but they one doing the takedown usually has to work hard for it. I have a hard time picturing Fedor land his trips the way he use to so fluidly.

yes slams dont happen because you have to load a guys hips to lift them if you arnt hitting a blast double running them down or a head outside single run the pipe finish u arnt getting guys down nowadays

mma gyms are getting alot better now back in 2007 or so average ufc fighter was a blue belt in jiujitsu now they are browns hugeeeeeeeeeeee difference in skill level on the ground and the wrestling defense as well

There's no way in hell that 2005 Hunt would get outstruck by any version of Werdum

Retarded unprovable statement.

but 2017 Hunt gets wrecked by Werdum? Yeah right..HUUUUGE improvement

What are variables?

Again tell me at least one area where hunt has evolved from his 2005 version or keep your silence and remain forever schooled

Spoken like a true weaboo neckbearded internet contrarian. How about as soon as you tell me how a HW with sloppy striking and zero wrestling with the most padded record in the history of the sport, that got wrecked by journeymen and a middleweight when he was in his mid thirties is the greatest fighter of all time.

Last edited:
So Frank Mir is suggesting current Fedor would beat prime Fedor? LOL

Fedor knows he is shot. It's why he carries so much bulk - having the strength and power makes him feel less frail; feels he still has tools & threats that way.

His cyborg brain is still there - he saw the opening on Mitrione fast, but he just didn't have the speed, timing, or chin to capitalise, and got starched at the same time.

He would be better at 225lbs this day and age, balance out the weaker chin by regaining some speed and cardio, something modern HWs sorely lack still. Pace and Pepper should be his gameplan, he would have added agility from his back, where he will always be a threat. Wear his opponents down.

yes it has evolved alottttttttttttt from even 2012 me as a professional have noticed a hugeee difference ever notice nobody goes tot here back anyone after being takendown? ever notice how u rarely see guys on the ground longer than 5 seconds due to peoples tdd being so much better nowadays? notice how the strikings trippled in skill? i wish u were right about the sport hasnt evolved would make fights much easier
According to the UFC's latest overhyped heavyweight title fight that is all incorrect. There are plenty of examples of people being held down on the ground with no answer to it in modern day mma.

<{cruzshake}>

Has he seen Fedor recently?...his style and skills are completely disintegrated from what it used to be. Sad but true.
Well its the same way how a big fish looks huge in a tiny pond but looks small compared to ocean fish. Fedor looked great when HW's were brawlers with no technique or BJJ guys, now that the game has evolved Fedor was left behind.

Fedor "didn't look as good as before" because meathead and maldonodo actually know how to box.
Same with Mir aswell, good BJJ always but he couldn't cut it against good wrestlers or strikers and now he's in the bush league.

Last edited:
Fedor definitely lost his explosiveness. He also doesn't grapple anymore.

Well its the same way how a big fish looks huge in a tiny pond but looks small compared to ocean fish. Fedor looked great when HW's were brawlers with no technique or BJJ guys, now that the game has evolved Fedor was left behind.

Fedor "didn't look as good as before" because meathead and maldonodo actually know how to box.
Same with Mir aswell, good BJJ always but he couldn't cut it against good wrestlers or strikers and now he's in the bush league.

Meathead got dropped on his ass fool

Mir is a retard

PRIDE's heavyweight division was the most skilled heavyweight division ever and one of the most skilled divisions anywhere

Basic summary for people who forgot

Cro Cop - K-1 legend, MMA legend
Kharitonov - Boxing Champ, K-1 competitor, Elite MMA
Werdum - ADCC champ, Elite MMA
Barnett - Catch wrestling god, Elite MMA
Nog - BJJ great, Excellent boxing, legendary MMA
Hunt - K-1 champ, Very good MMA
Coleman - Olympic level wrestling, PRIDE GP and UFC champ
Fujita - Almost an Olympic wrestler, Elite pro wrestler
Fedor - Sambo legend, Ranked Judoka, God level MMA

PRIDE heavyweights were not only elite MMA fighters but had supreme skills in at least 1 combat sport

Compare this to the UFC

Micocic - Golden gloves champ (LOL) and College wrestler
That African Guy - Nothing and gases in 3 minutes
Cain - the son of Mexican farmers..Huge and good stamina but what else is there? Yeah he wrestled in college but who didn't ?

The "Fedor didn't evolve arguement" gaff that people keep repeating is just plain wrong

Fedor had nowhere to evolve, he was part of one of the most highly skilled divisions in history IMO.

There was nm

“That African Guy” killed me lmfao xD

This is just plain wrong. He's clearly slowed in his movement's. In his prime he was effective at remaining fluid and transitioning the fight to where it suited him. As he's gotten older, he's relied on the stand and bang which hasn't suited him well. I think he does this because he's not comfortable transitioning to the ground anymore. But what do I know.

No.
I understand that perspective is a real thing, but as someone who has watched thousands of rights and trained in martial arts, it's painfully obviously that Fedor has regressed badly. Even his coaches were saying that he had slowed down BEFORE he lost for the first time.
He looks in worse shape and weaker than ever, based on his body, not to mention he's now a very old athlete. He has attemped one takedown in the last decade of MMA fights after being predominantly a grappler before that.
These things are all observable irrespective of the level of competition.

I would agree to a certain extent, that the depth of talent has increased, but if you are really trying to say Mitrione and Maldonado are better than the top heavyweights of the 2000s then thats plainly wrong.

Prime versions of Crocop, Nogueira, Arlovski, Sylvia would all be top contenders if not champions in 2018.

Hell even guys from their era like Hunt, Barnett, Werdum are still considered top guys.

Whether or not prime Fedor would have beaten his recent opponents is impossible to say, but the fact that Fedor has regressed is undeniable.

Terrible assessment. Fedor is not the same fighter today as he was in his prime. His skills and physical capabilities have eroded by quite a bit. Prime Fedor doesn't go on a 10 year undefeated streak in today's era...but, he would certainly be one of the best. He definitely wouldn't have lost against Hendo, werdum, Bigfoot or meathead!

Maybe Maldonado, though!

Mir is a retard

PRIDE's heavyweight division was the most skilled heavyweight division ever and one of the most skilled divisions anywhere

Basic summary for people who forgot

Cro Cop - K-1 legend, MMA legend
Kharitonov - Boxing Champ, K-1 competitor, Elite MMA
Werdum - ADCC champ, Elite MMA
Barnett - Catch wrestling god, Elite MMA
Nog - BJJ great, Excellent boxing, legendary MMA
Hunt - K-1 champ, Very good MMA
Coleman - Olympic level wrestling, PRIDE GP and UFC champ
Fujita - Almost an Olympic wrestler, Elite pro wrestler
Fedor - Sambo legend, Ranked Judoka, God level MMA

PRIDE heavyweights were not only elite MMA fighters but had supreme skills in at least 1 combat sport

Compare this to the UFC

Micocic - Golden gloves champ (LOL) and College wrestler
That African Guy - Nothing and gases in 3 minutes
Cain - the son of Mexican farmers..Huge and good stamina but what else is there? Yeah he wrestled in college but who didn't ?

The "Fedor didn't evolve arguement" gaff that people keep repeating is just plain wrong

Fedor had nowhere to evolve, he was part of one of the most highly skilled divisions in history IMO.

There was nm
haha, what is this bullshit? Sergei is a boxing champ, K-1 competitor and Elite in MMA, and Cain is "the son of Mexican farmers?"

You laugh at Stipe's golden gloves title, but celebrate Fujita doing pro wrestling? etc etc...

I've always rated Mir as one of the more intelligent mma fighters of our time and then he goes and says a stupid statement like this. The heavyweight division has gotten progressively worse, Werdum is a top 5 guy and has no boxing fundamentals, Can is made of glass and never fights, Francis Ngannou who's been around all of 5 minutes just fought for the title and Hunt, who at 43 years of age and has the speed as me waking up at 6am to go to work, is a top 5 contender. So how has the HW division evolved ?

Cro Cop, Sergei, Randleman, Aleks, Nog, Barnett etc were much more explosive, athletic and overall more skilled than what we have now.

Stipe is the only guy right now who is truly well rounded, active, has some youth, durability and athletic ability on his side.

Last edited:
He got old and lost his fire . Reminds me of Tyson.. Same thing, only Fedors bro did the raping. He got wealthy, had beat everyone. He was the best, but time and circumstances change everything.

Back