Frank Mir claims he could out-squat, out-deadlift Brock Lesnar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely. Brock's improved leaps and bounds over the first match for MMA. About all he had before that was wrestling, which sometimes, as in this case, is enough to nullify a submission guy if the wrestler knows what to look out for.

no i know your definatly right, brock is a very talented wrestler. Its just that overall I feel Mir has better skills all around, striking and grappling.

Agreed joe. I think the 75lb advantage Brock has might just let him emerge the victor vs Fedor...

Agreed joe. I think the 75lb advantage Brock has might just let him emerge the victor vs Fedor...

Doubt it. Fedor dismantled Lindland and Randleman, both great wrestlers. Brock's weight advantage wouldn't be as much as 75, probably 60 pounds at the absolute most. Fedor's skill levels on his feet are also much much much better than Mir's.

no i know your definatly right, brock is a very talented wrestler. Its just that overall I feel Mir has better skills all around, striking and grappling.

Oh, definitely. But temporarily stuffed single-leg into a flying knee aside, Brock dictated which skill sets would be used in the fight, and his wrestling + strength came out on top, literally and figuratively.

Doubt it. Fedor dismantled Lindland and Randleman, both great wrestlers. Brock's weight advantage wouldn't be as much as 75, probably 60 pounds at the absolute most. Fedor's skill levels on his feet are also much much much better than Mir's.

You forgot Coleman (granted, not in his prime), as well as gigantosaurs like HMC and Zulu. Fedor's fought some big guys and tough wrestlers, but not in the combination that is Lesnar. I think it would be a helluva fight and would be pretty scared for Fedor, but I've learned to not count him out of any fight.

YouTube - FRANK MIR suggests Brock Lesnar is a big oaf

It's an audio interview. Mir claims that he's currently leaner than Brock and could 'blow him out of the water' in a squat or deadlift competition. He admits that Brock could out-bench him though.

I wonder what Frank has been drinking.

I know, I know... messing up essenpee with MMA chat...

next mir will say he can deadlift more than this guy:
YouTube - DEADLIFT 5x380kg (836lbs) & 2x400kg (880lbs)

and trust me brock cant deadlift close to those guys... ie guys who are in strongmen competitions.

Great bump.

Not only was this a very informative thread, but you really added something useful to it.

you on this bandwagon jumpkick?

pudzilla is going to shock the world soon. He is going to prove BJJ, wrestling, strikin is all over-rated.

the best martial art is LIFTING HEAVY ASS SHIT. FUCK YES!

I don't know why people always bring up Mir's swimming.

Yeah, he was a great swimmer and went to the nationals in high school, but that was a long time ago. He said himself that he hasn't even been in a pool since his motorcycle accident.

Brock has been working diligently on his swimming, and IMO, he's at the same level now as Mir. And we all know what happens when two fighters of equal swimming ability get in the cage together...

All things being equal you wanna be the better kisser.

Mir has BJJ muscles, which float. Brocks dense, heavy wrestling muscles make him too heavy to swim.

Mirs kissing isn't that bad, ask Dave Kaplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back