• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Francis Ngannou Vs Shane Carwin

Lol stop that.

Shane was pretty explosive. He just happened to fight freakishly fast HW’s like Prime JDS and Brock in their prime in his ONLY two losses.

r2rp75_jpg.gif

(Ngannou would NEVER scramble like this)
junior-dos-santos-shane-carwin-takedown-defense-ufc-131.gif

BCHY5TH.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWink-300-sg.gif

The uppercuts on Mir. Fuck!

Wow he knocked down K1 champ Brock Lesnar? Amazing stuff.

Ngannou has already beaten far superior strikers with ease. Carwin's best win was fat Mir.

And Carwin would’ve NEVER lost to Black Beast.

CHECKMATE

images

Are you trying to compare PRIME JDS actual boxing skill to Ngannou???

He also had ELITE TD defense. Ngannou couldn’t grapple his way out of a local HS tournament LOL.

Because he got taken down by Stipe, the best UFC HW of all time?

How did vaunted wrestler Curtis Blaydes do against Ngannou?

Carwin never used his wrestling offensively much. I don't care about your college credentials unless you prove it in MMA.

And Ngannou doesn't have a good chin?

Carwin was getting the shit boxed out of him by JDS. Ngannou by anything he wants.

I get saying that Francis would win, because his physicality would cancel or trump Carwin's main advantages.

But are you seriously saying that because JDS out-boxed Carwin, that has ANYTHING to do with what Ngannou would do? JDS was one of the best boxers the HW division ever saw.

Ngannou's boxing technique is absolutely non-existent.

maxresdefault.jpg

Because he got taken down by Stipe, the best UFC HW of all time?

How did vaunted wrestler Curtis Blaydes do against Ngannou?

Carwin never used his wrestling offensively much. I don't care about your college credentials unless you prove it in MMA.

The fact that you THINK Curtis Blaydes is a legit wrestler is a JOKE lol. The guy gets away with his JUCO wrestling in today’s division because it’s full of wash ups who were fighting over a DECADE ago during Carwins time LOL.

Look at today’s HW division:

It’s crazy to even think CTE versions of Reem, Arlovski, Hunt, JDS, Werdum, etc are STILL fighting and most of all RANKED

Your boy Ngannou can’t even be the big fish in a small pond... to busy taking L’s to Stipe and Black Beast.

<36>
<36>
<36>

JDS loss doesn't count. He weighed in at 250. 285 Carwin would have instakilled JDS ofc.

I think Carwin is a bad match up. Francis throws wide and sloppy punches. Carwin just throws 1-2's.

Carwin by KO.

Carwin gassed far worst and just let Lesnar submit him with minimal resistance, while Ngannou took his five round beating and was still looking to end the fight.

See Carwin vs JDS. Carwin wins this due to more power and wrestling to fall back on.

The fact that you THINK Curtis Blaydes is a legit wrestler is a JOKE lol. The guy gets away with his JUCO wrestling in today’s division because it’s full of wash ups who were fighting over a DECADE ago during Carwins time LOL.

Look at today’s HW division:

It’s crazy to even think CTE versions of Reem, Arlovski, Hunt, JDS, Werdum, etc are STILL fighting and most of all RANKED

Your boy Ngannou can’t even be the big fish in a small pond... to busy taking L’s to Stipe and Black Beast.

<36>
<36>
<36>

Doesn't this troll act get old after a while?

I get saying that Francis would win, because his physicality would cancel or trump Carwin's main advantages.

But are you seriously saying that because JDS out-boxed Carwin, that has ANYTHING to do with what Ngannou would do? JDS was one of the best boxers the HW division ever saw.

Ngannou's boxing technique is absolutely non-existent.

maxresdefault.jpg

JDS was never a great technical boxer. He had an overhand right and a decent uppercut. That's it.

He didn't suddenly lose his technique these days. He lost his reflexes and chin to make up for his technical mistakes.

is ts speculating on a carwin via cardio outcome?

If *Shane* survives the 1st round onslaught???

The guy who KO'd his first 12 opponents in the 1st round, 10 of them inside 2 minutes?

Carwin is a particularly bad style match for Nganou. He was fast for a big man, had powerful TDs, enough boxing to stay in the fight, and a damned impressive chin.

I would still pick Nganou in a fantasy match up, but Carwin could very easily snag a TD and pound him out.

Doesn't this troll act get old after a while?

You couldn’t refute any of my points so you take the cheap “troll” cop out?

Nice try, but next time bring a little substance to an argument.

PS you STILL haven’t replied to my comments on Ngannou losing to Black Beast but that’s alright, have a good one.

l@nd0

I don't think Carwin was good enough to hang, and he retired before we could find out.

He only fought 3 top flight opponents and he went 1-2 with them.

Think it would be Nannou via massacre.

Carwin has a legit D2 background and one of the hardest chins in the sports history. Never was finished by strikes in his entire career.

Probably one of the hardest hitters too

One of the worst match ups for Ngannou
why do you think a "legit d2 background" is better than a juco national championship as a soph after transferring after a 19-2 freshman season in d-1 (blaydes)?

he only had 14 fights and fought 1 legit striker in his career and got battered.

You couldn’t refute any of my points so you take the cheap “troll” cop out?

Nice try, but next time bring a little substance to an argument.

PS you STILL haven’t replied to my comments on Ngannou losing to Black Beast but that’s alright, have a good one.

l@nd0

Black Beast was just a weird mental loss. Neither guy did anything. If you think Carwin is going to beat him in a staring contest then so be it.

You lost me at Carwin being a better MMA wrestler than Blaydes just because he went D2 lol. Your new fav boy Jones went JUCO too. Forgot about that buddy?

Carwin was getting pieced up by Gonzaga. A fight between him and Ngannou would look similar to when JDS beat him down.

Black Beast was just a weird mental loss. Neither guy did anything. If you think Carwin is going to beat him in a staring contest then so be it.

You lost me at Carwin being a better MMA wrestler than Blaydes just because he went D2 lol. Your new fav boy Jones went JUCO too. Forgot about that buddy?

1. Jones could’ve EASILY gone D-1 but didn’t meet academic requirements. He wanted to go to a powerhouse program like Iowa.

2. Colby used the same JUCO program to go to a legit D1 program and become an All American

3. Blaydes is fighting in the WEAKEST HW division in the history of the sport and still can’t cut it as even a title contender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back