Francis Ngannou vs Jon Jones

He agreed to move up when the time is right. He said he doesn't like to rush and has to clear out his division first. Scared to fight bigger guys? Are you forgetting he called out Brock Lesnar? Are you forgetting he said he would love to fight Cain and Stipe?

Ngannou is a powerful fighter. Don't get me wrong but Jon Jones is too skilled, crafty and smart when it comes to fighting. That's why he'll finish Ngannou. Let's not forget the fact that he beat DC twice the same person that crushed Stipe and Derick Lewis who both beat Ngannou.

giphy.gif
Not surprising that a whitebelt thinks MMA math actually works..

50-50 IMO.

Size matters too much.
There is a reason why Jones hasnt moved up to HW

We don't know... we've never seen Bones at HW. He would have to use his wrestling to take Ngannou down and finish him with elbows. Standing, Jones is dynamic but he doesn't have KO power like Ngannou, so he'd need to use his grappling to win. (unless at HW without the weight cut, he gets KO power) Would be an interesting fight though.

You know Jon at hw is bigger man than Jon at lhw? Look how his brothers look like. Guy has same genes, one year and he is 245-255 easily.
His legs are then bigger too...
Jon is the runt of the family. Always has been. Thats why he went in wrestling rather than football. He will forever be lanky with skinny legs.

Francis would yave dominated the NFL had he been born in the states.

Gotta see cain- Francis first and see what Cain we're getting. People have to remember , Ngannou went on a viscous title run ........ fell short but pretty much as a green fighter.Francis win over the favored Blaydes was paramount (his 2nd win over him). A healthy Cain and an evolved Ngannou would offer Jones the tightest betting odds of anyone on ufc roster. If Daniel was born 5 years younger, that'd be interesting , obviously ,as well.

Not surprising that a whitebelt thinks MMA math actually works..

It's a sign and in some cases it does work. In real life I'm black belt and for new comers they receive white belt on this forum and you can see I recently joined.

ngannou via ko

idiots

Why not? HW is the oldest and least skilled division there is and Jon isn't exactly a small guy. The only thing that changes is the HW's have a slightly better punchers chance while being heavily out skilled just like the LHW's are.

DC won the HW belt with ease and defended it against a top 3 guy but for some reason everyone seems to be convinced the guy who easily beat DC twice would struggle against slower less skilled fighters. This doesn't compute with me, lol.

Your dealing with idiots. They don't realize how tall and reachy Jon Jones is. The minute he moves up to HW. He's automatically a big guy.

They think power matters and not skill lol? Jon Jones skills, cardio and fighting IQ is vastly superior than any HW fighter which is why he'll never lose against them.

Last edited:
Jones has made me a hypocrite.

I hate that he had to cheat at 205 because i think he would have won either way.

If he went to HW though i honestly wouldnt care if he was roided out.

I think the way to go is if you are willing to fight at HW you are willing to risk fighting roiders. Remove the 265 limit and go for it.

Back