Founder of Westboro Baptist Church, Rev. Fred Phelps Sr. dies

[CONT'D]

...as a golden opportunity to consolidate whatever power or authority exists as heads of the church.

Personally, find it odd that a church whose entire membership peaked at around 40 members (give or take) would end up being riven into squabbling factions; though maybe it's not hard to imagine when it's roughly 40 people who define their existence by belligerance, hostility, petty hatred, and confrontation.
Particularly the 7-8 who decided it was time to get a little "Game of Thrones" action going and usurp Phelp's leadership.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm pulling for this scenario to be true. I can scarely think of a more fitting end for Phelps: having people he "saved" turn on him like a rabid Rottweiler and eject him out his own party...and justify the act of stripping him of his life's work and dumping him in a hospice for as long as it takes for the bastard to reach room temperature by using his own hateful, vitriolic rhetoric and dogma.

Last edited:
I think theyre lying about him being kicked out so nobody protests

I feel quite confident that the WBC is at all gun-shy about drawing hostile attention to themselves; that's pretty much what they're about.

I hope his ass is getting pumped in the afterlife...

While the guy and his views were reprehensible, I don't really feel a need to rejoice in someone's death.

99.9% of the time, I'd be with you on this.

But *this* time..........fuck that. Fred Phelps was nothing less than a vicious, toxic, bitter, and (in a very true sense) evil sonofabitch. The world's better off without him.

And if there's truly a place like Hell in the afterlife-- and guys like Phelps make me hope there is-- then it's fires burn hot for bastards like him.

If there's anything tragic happening right now it's this: before he got himself disbarred and shifted his career focus towards full-time asshole-itry, Phelps was a respected legal attorney who racked up an impressive list of favorable verdicts litigating racial discrimmination cases on behalf of minorities (mostly black) during the height of the Civil Rights Era; his work was celebrated by prominent civil rights groups like the NAACP.

Who knows what good he might have done had he stuck to that path

All he really did was take social conservatism to it's logical conclusion. If only Ralph Reed and Bill Donahue were as equally reviled.

While the guy and his views were reprehensible, I don't really feel a need to rejoice in someone's death.

Yeah, I'm with you. I didn't even "rejoice" when OBL was killed. What's the point?

I find it odd to do so tbh.

A little bit more evil is gone from the world. That has to be a good thing.

Yeah, I'm with you. I didn't even "rejoice" when OBL was killed. What's the point?
In OBL's case, a lot of people considered his existence a constant threat to their lives.

Hard to think of anybody since hitler who inspired more universal revulsion. I doubt anybody did as much to further gay rights as this attention whore jackass did.

I for one, wish this champion of free speech a peaceful departure.

Did he really champion free speech, or was he a beneficiary of it?

If he championed OTHER people's right to free speech then he's cool. But I don't remember hearing him speak out in favor of anyone but he and his church's rights.

http://ksn.com/2014/03/20/founder-of-westboro-baptist-church-rev-fred-phelps-sr-dies/

I don't care if its wrong but I am rejoicing the death of this hate spewing man. One less individual in his clan that can spit hate and vitriol. Hopefully the rest of the WBC slowly disintegrates before our eyes. Maybe one day some of the die hard family members will realize how wrong they are and break away from the church for good.

Everyone should picket this mans funeral, gay it up too :D

If I had the free time and I was within driving distance I'd make some signs that said "God Hates WBC" and go picket that funeral in a heartbeat! Although I don't know if it would do any good considering this family seems to love attention whether it's good or bad.

i never really followed threads about these idiots much, but i am guessing this is pretty much one topic both the right and the left pretty much unanimously agree on? besides a few trolls maybe?

Good.

The sad part of this whole thing is that this idiot actually got quite a few people to follow him.

I mean, Hitler, at least he did well for the German economy and did a few good things before he went batshit insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duelbits
Back