• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Former Welterweight champ Tyron Woodley reportedly has parted ways with the UFC

Mas is a journeyman fighter. He's good but has never been elite. There's several guys in Bellator who could beat him. If you struggle against wrestlers you're going to lose a lot of fights in MMA which he has. He's also 36, he's getting lose to the end.
close

Bellator has better WW division than UFC

He would get killed by Lima, Amosov, Berkhamov, Koreshkov, Daley, Jackson and others

Outwrestled by Joey Davis and Storley
An up and coming Woolley beat Daley in his prime in strike force. I think it was the same card fedor fought Henderson.

Can’t say he doesn’t deserve it after all his antics and a 4 fight skid. I’ll forgive it all if he KO’s Jake Paul and then proceeds to teabag him live on ppv.

Watch an almost 40-year old corpse of Woodley go to Bellator, lose to Lima and have the UFC-hating casuals say "sEe i tOLd yOu bELlaToR fIGhtErS aRe BeTtEr!!"

He wouldn't be able to earn a fight with Lima. I think bare knuckle boxing is more appropriate for this stage of his career.

He should go to OneFC so his performances can go back to normal

He's still ranked top 10 WW and he almost made Colby tap in round 5, Colby's fingers were on standby.

Screenshot_20210424-095217_UFC.jpg

20200920_202627.jpg

this should make things easier if he wants to run down that Jake Paul fight

I’m honestly surprised at his level success. There was always a clear game plan that Woodley struggled with (constant pressure) that the last 4 guys have followed. The guys Woodley defended against, Maia, Wonderboy, and Till are not forward moving pressure guys so he was able to beat them.

He's 39. He needs to retire. And not take the Paul fight because he loses that one, too.

If he stayed with the UFC, they likely don't allow him to fight Jake Paul. Conor they made the 1 time exception but they wouldn't allow anyone other than Conor to do that. Now he's clearly on a dramatic decline in MMA, likely should retire but this allows him to try to chase the Jake Paul fight, 1 last big payday. Heck, I think Dana would like to see Tyron fight Jake Paul

It's for the best. Might as well knock out Jake Paul and retire with one last payday

I thought about that, but honestly I don’t know if he’d compete at the top there either. Maybe he could hang with Benson Henderson at 155, but not the Pitbull Borthers, and 170 is even worse for him, with Douglas Lima, Amosov, Neiman Gracie... rough going in Bellator for him I think.

Woodley isn't fighting at 155, especially at 40 years old. If he did he'd have to lose some muscle, and with his slow, low-energy style, all he has left is heavy hands and now mediocre wrestling--which need strength and size to be effective.

Woodley isn't fighting at 155, especially at 40 years old. If he did he'd have to lose some muscle, and with his slow, low-energy style, all he has left is heavy hands and now mediocre wrestling--which need strength and size to be effective.
I actually have no idea why I said that, and you’re absolutely right.
I was pretty baked last night...

Back