Former welterweight champ Cintron to return to the ring. And, the cage?

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Former WBO & IBF 147 lb titlist Kermit Cintron plans to return to the ring at 40 years old. Cintron, 39-6-3 ( 30 KOs ) is also in discussions with Bellator MMA for a possible foray into the cage. He was an outstanding wrestler in high school & had some success in college as well before devoting all his energies toward boxing. But, that was almost two decades ago. I fail to see how he will have any real success in either the ring or the cage at his advanced age. He may have some success against low-level limited opposition but once he mixes it up with a younger, well-rounded opponent he'll likely go the way of Bellator's other boxer turned MMA fighter, Heather Hardy. Although, Cintron will at least have a puncher's chance as he always could whack.
I won't lie, I'll be rooting for him but I wish he'd have done this a decade ago when the idea originally came to him.

Maybe Bellator can put him in against Joe Shilling.

He did offer to fight Sean Sherk about a decade ago when Dana White was talking all kinds of shit about boxing.

Maybe Bellator can put him in against Joe Shilling.
Schilling's too big. He fights at 185 & Cintron who previously fought at 147 - 154lbs is going to fight at 168 in his next boxing match.

Back