News Former UFC welterweight Alexey Kunchenko (20-2) signed a contract with PFL

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
He was 2-2 in the UFC with wins over Okami and Thiago Alves. Lost to Gilbert Burns and Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos

That's another very tough fighter in that division. Kunchenko isn't very exciting but he's extremely effective. Only lost a close fight to Burns and I personally felt he got robbed against Zaleski.

Their WW season looks great now with him, Aleksakhin, Rory, Cooper and Magomedkerimov involved.

That's another very tough fighter in that division. Kunchenko isn't very exciting but he's extremely effective. Only lost a close fight to Burns and I personally felt he got robbed against Zaleski.

Their WW season looks great now with him, Aleksakhin, Rory, Cooper and Magomedkerimov involved.

I remember him in the Okami fight and that's a big win. Missed his last 2 losses as I only tuned on religiously to UFC again when Covid hit

I remember him in the Okami fight and that's a big win. Missed his last 2 losses as I only tuned on religiously to UFC again when Covid hit

He had a bunch of solid wins in Russia too including two over current ACA WW champ Murad Abdulaev.

He had a bunch of solid wins in Russia too including two over current ACA WW champ Murad Abdulaev.

Your knowledge about MMA fighters around the world is as wide as an ocean. Quite amazing :)

It's basically just watching too much shit and flicking through tapology when I'm bored at work if I'm being honest.
Now, if you've actually watched his fights with Abdulaev, that would be impressive.

He wasn't bad at all and didn't deserve to get cut but he has a very boring fighting style, not very fan friendly at all.

Solid depth fighter, will be a tough challenge for up and comers

Great addition to the roster
In before he loses the first round in the Quarterfinals and gets booted immediately.

A solid candidate for the big prize, even considering how deep WW is in PFL.

If he showed a bit more urgency in his fights he could still be undefeated. I felt like he was the superior fighter than Burns when they fought.

Good pickup for that div.

PFL has some guys this year with Werdum, Rory, Pettis and other good talent in the tournaments. Will be a good season.

Back