Former football player Michael Westbrook, now jujitsu guy

so what is his weight class? wonder if he is goin to worlds since buzz is goin on.

this could be a good thing for bjj

good read, thanks.

i still remember when he smashed stephen davis in practice. Broke his nose, had 2 black eyes....micheal got him good

so what is his weight class? wonder if he is goin to worlds since buzz is goin on.

this could be a good thing for bjj

He fought in Super Super heavy before. Dont know if he dropped down or not now. Jarrod Bunch is also a former pro player (RB for Giants) and he is a BJJ purple belt as well. Bunch has actually had more success so far as he has won both the Pan Am's as a blue and purple as well as the Worlds as a blue and No-Gi Worlds as a purple.

He fought in Super Super heavy before. Dont know if he dropped down or not now. Jarrod Bunch is also a former pro player (RB for Giants) and he is a BJJ purple belt as well. Bunch has actually had more success so far as he has won both the Pan Am's as a blue and purple as well as the Worlds as a blue and No-Gi Worlds as a purple.

which makes me more frustrated in how close i came to beating jarrod at the american nationals in the blue belt masters open. the again thats the nature of bjj, one little mental mistake and the game is over. nice guy though, have spoken with him at numerous tournaments since then.

Imagine how big of a spaz he was when he first started.

so we are pretty much dead now that these uber athletes enter the game?

good read, thanks.

i still remember when he smashed stephen davis in practice. Broke his nose, had 2 black eyes....micheal got him good

"Got him good"?! If we were standing next to each other and I totally suckerpunched you and then continued to beat you down while you lay helpless on the sidelines, I guess you could say I "got you good" too.

How would you like a jiu jitsu sparring partner to have that kind of hair trigger violent temper? Sounds like a lot of fun during open mat.

Westbrook is a disgrace to professional sports. I wish he'd taken up Kenpo or something instead of jiu jitsu.

"Got him good"?! If we were standing next to each other and I totally suckerpunched you and then continued to beat you down while you lay helpless on the sidelines, I guess you could say I "got you good" too.

How would you like a jiu jitsu sparring partner to have that kind of hair trigger violent temper? Sounds like a lot of fun during open mat.

Westbrook is a disgrace to professional sports. I wish he'd taken up Kenpo or something instead of jiu jitsu.

I'm not so sure how I feel about this.

I really think it's awesome that we have such an elite athlete now doing well in our sport. It gives credibility to our sport if these elite athletes are participating in our sport, given the amount of time and commitment it takes to become elite in the sport, to all the haters out there saying "these guys arent really athletes."

But yeah, fucking up your teammate because you 'weren't happy with life at that point' is kinda fucked.

Everyone has a temper, you gotta control that shit, no matter what.

I think I saw him at this yrs Pan Ams, but he wasn't wearing a gi.

Mike had the right to do what he did. Davis should not have been verbally attacking Westbrook.

Back