Forget "A-level athletes", I would like to see some "A-level" dancers transition to MMA

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
Those guys have the best footwork in the world. They're the true masters of "human movement", their balance and coordination would be unseen before in the world of MMA. Their muscles are well conditioned to be able to move around quickly and tirelessly on the tip of their feet, in fighting that translates to being fast in the ring, ie. being able to quickly "run" away from your opponent.

It's no coincidence that boxing GOATs Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson were well skilled dancers. Muhammad Ali incorporated ballet like moves in his revolutionary style of footwork.

I know that you will now question the manliness of male dancers and whether they like to get hit or not but it's hard to hit someone with lighting fast footwork and movement, provided that he adapts it to fighting obviously. We would probably see a lot of cool and innovative clowning of the opponent too. The huge octagon gives a lot of possibilities to "run away" all you want in a fight.

The current top P4P fighter of the UFC Dominick Cruz was often both criticized and applauded for "dancing" in his fights. He is the best proof that elite footwork can do wonders in MMA too. Now imagine seeing guys who have all the predispositions to be light years ahead of him.

I think dancers would do better with say 2 years of serious MMA training than your average "A-level athlete". Sprinting and vertical jumps are useless for MMA while the kind of athleticism you need for dancing isn't.

Would top level ballet dancers or say elite salseros and kings of mambo like Juan "Pachanga" Matos and Frankie Martinez be able to dance their way to decisions if they took MMA seriously and trained in a top gym for a few years?

Discuss.

Dancing is dancing, fighting is fighting.

That is all.

I'm not gonna just come right out and say kill yourself.

Definitely don't do that. Ever.

But you should think about it long and hard.

In the mean time, I'll be thinking about this:

14690548330404.gif

And this

1330361911_kate_upton_bikini_dance.gif

Last edited:
Lightweight top 10 fighter with ~ 2 years of training. Look at the movement, look at the speed

I bet real good rappers like Eminem can fight well too

2017 UFC Light Weight Champ- Marshall Matthers

Back