For those who say Batman V Superman was bad please tell me why you feel this way?

I was on the fence on BvS but then a low quality troll account on Sherdog defended it so I'm filing it under bad.

Interested to know how you think it could have been improved. I haven't watched another comic book fight scene more times on YT than I have the Doomsday fight sequence - I think it's arguably the best comic book fight scene to date.

The visuals are incredible throughout (see linked gif below for an example) and WW's theme music adds incredible intensity. The music is so badass I had to put it in my workout rotation.

giphy.gif

My biggest gripes would be Doomsday's look and him being given heat vision and an OP rage blast. Also Batman surviving a rage blast that leveled buildings farther out than he was hiding. Other than that, I thought it was pretty fuckin dope. I wish I could rage blast at some point nearly every day.

$

That was my problem as well, Doomsday's look. I like everything else about it, the special effects and Wonder Woman enjoy the battle and the look on her face was awesome. I also loved the music to it.

I was on the fence on BvS but then a low quality troll account on Sherdog defended it so I'm filing it under bad.

Probably the guy who was defending it wasnt a troll. Did he pointed out any other reasons to why he felt it was good other than the ones I mentioned. I also felt the special effects in it were awesome.

It didn't seem very realistic.

Yeah I feel you. It should be more realistic like Avengers were you have a man who can summon lightning, has a flying hammer, another guy who is all green and destroys mountains with a single punch or a robot who can go through walls.

Have you seen the movie? It's all over the place.

Why the fuck would Zod become Doomsday?

How does the world's greatest detective get duped so fucking easily? Why was Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot is awesome as her and her stand alone movie was actually fantastic) even in it - what did it add?

Superman sacrificed himself with the kyrptonian lance, but why? Couldn't Batman just grab it and slam it in Doomsday's chest? Couldn't WW because she's every bit as strong as Superman? No, Superman had to so they could have the faux emotional impact of him dying that they couldn't even sustain through the credits because they immediately teased he was still alive.

There is so much wrong with that movie that I'd have to believe you're willfully ignoring it.

Jesse absolutely sucked as the villain. One of the worst portrayals or any comic character out there. Comes across corny, non menacing and just annoying as fuck. Just his line delivery was absolute garbage.

Doomsday was ruined. He looked like shit, they gave him random powers and having him created the way he was and just thrown in was dumb as hell.

Supes, who is debilitated by Kryptonite and gets his ass handed to him by bats decided to take said chunk of kryptonite to stab Doomsday. Huh? Maybe have WW, who is armed with a freaking sword and shield use it to stab him? She even tells,them she had killed shit from other worlds before but instead lets cripple our super powered guy to get doomsday...

Supes also throws doomsday into space, but you know instead of just lettinf physics take its course and let him fly out into the vacuum of deep dark space, he decided to hold him and get nuked too..

Only real highlight was menacing Batman and the Batman fight scenes.

Jesse absolutely sucked as the villain. One of the worst portrayals or any comic character out there. Comes across corny, non menacing and just annoying as fuck. Just his line delivery was absolute garbage.

Doomsday was ruined. He looked like shit, they gave him random powers and having him created the way he was and just thrown in was dumb as hell.

Supes, who is debilitated by Kryptonite and gets his ass handed to him by bats decided to take said chunk of kryptonite to stab Doomsday. Huh? Maybe have WW, who is armed with a freaking sword and shield use it to stab him? She even tells,them she had killed shit from other worlds before but instead lets cripple our super powered guy to get doomsday...

Supes also throws doomsday into space, but you know instead of just lettinf physics take its course and let him fly out into the vacuum of deep dark space, he decided to hold him and get nuked too..

Only real highlight was menacing Batman and the Batman fight scenes.
agreed on pretty much all of this. the dream sequences were also poorly handled.

i hate when people say affleck as batman was the problem...i'm like, 'bruh, you can't see the forest for the trees.' you could pull an epic performance out of your favorite actor and they ain't saving us from eisenberg. super hero comics, movies, etc. rely heavily on the villain component and this movie got it wrong.

It's not the worst movie I have ever seen but dang Ben Affleck really sucks as Batman. I can't really get past he ego ad need for attention. The voice he uses to try to seem tough is just laughable. When I looked up douche bag in the dictionary there was a picture of Affleck staring at himself in the mirror.

I thought it was pretty good except for Jesse Eisenberg. He was god damn awful. Here's my question. Was Doomsday really like that in the comic books? Because I never read those, but I didn't think he was a 20 story tall monster who makes nuclear explosions.

I thought it was pretty good except for Jesse Eisenberg. He was god damn awful. Here's my question. Was Doomsday really like that in the comic books? Because I never read those, but I didn't think he was a 20 story tall monster who makes nuclear explosions.

No in the original Death of Superman run he was basically the Hulk with bone spurs on his head, knuckles and elbow spikes. He tore through the JL on his way to Metropolis and literally just stood toe to toe with Supes and beat him to death.

Everything mentioned and honestly, I wasn't even that impressed with any of the action, which was supposed to be the movie's redeeming quality. It was mediocre.

I didn't expect much from Ironman 3 or Antman so they weren't a big letdown. I expected something more than a 3 hour Justice League toy-commercial(that was stupid enough to think fucking LOGOS on secret files was acceptable) from 2 of the biggest superheroes ever colliding.

- Wonder Woman was completely extraneous to the plot. Remove her and nothing changes.
- Wonder Woman took away and distracted from the central theme of Batman vs Superman.
- Batman vs Superman was more than enough for a full movie on its own.
- Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg introduced by fucking e-mail attachment?
- So the only reason Batman and Wonder Woman ever hear of these people is because they were on Lex Luthor's hard drive?
- Lex Luthor designed their logos? In his spare time for fun?
- Jesse Eisenberg's performance.
- Why did you say that name?!??!?!?!
- Dream sequence inside a dream sequence.
- So Superman's ship can create the undead?
- So Lex Luthor dripping his blood into an alien jacuzzi turns dead Zod into Doomsday? WTF? Without hinting at any of this beforehand?
- Why is Luthor even doing any of the shit he is doing? Does anyone know?
- I didn't even realize it was the Flash inside that dream sequence, since he had never been introduced. I thought maybe it was that paralyzed guy communicating with Bruce Wayne because he had become a superhero in the future or something.
- Ding! Ding! Ding! He's coming!!! He's hungry! Get him a Hungry Man microwave dinner!

Etc., etc.
Haha wow this post nails it

IIRC, I didn't think it was terrible, I just thought it was very mediocre.

Two words. Lex Luthor.

No, he wasn't.

c03feb0abe1e02e0e6d7673ebdfadb11.jpg

Not even in the JL cartoons...

latest

No heat vision, no rage blast. The origin is entirely different. I have no earthly idea what made them go the route they did with him.

Last edited:
Luthorberg

Disjointed

Failed to capitalize on a decent beginning

Superman dying at the hands of doomsday, for those of us old enough to remember, carried HUGE weight when it happened.. their battle was 1 v 1 and like thee epic battle with every shot booming hard enough to break windows a mile away and shake the earth. Doomsday wasn't terrible, I thought, but the fight and end didn't do the comic universe justice.

Affleck was a decent batman, probably overrated, but his presence wasn't utilized anyways.

I give the movie a 6.5/10. I didn't hate it. I'm not a fkn feminist, but I swear I remember wonder woman being like one of my favorite parts of the movie.

And oh, the janky, cheap fashion they introduced the other JL characters? It was just cheap.

I don't think any character but Luthorbergstein was that bad. I guess I even liked the piss scene involving his character. I liked the intro. The final fight wasn't terrible, just not up to what that particular scene should have been. It's a top 3 comic moment of all time.

Finally, honestly, I don't remember most of the middle of the movie. It's disjointedness made it forgettable, but not offensively bad or anything... Martha lol

No in the original Death of Superman run he was basically the Hulk with bone spurs on his head, knuckles and elbow spikes. He tore through the JL on his way to Metropolis and literally just stood toe to toe with Supes and beat him to death.
That's what I thought. Which is weird because I never read the comic. But I remember the death of Superman was so big that there was a news story on it and they showed a picture of the comic book's cover. And it looked like Doomsday was just big, not a building.

I know. My recallnis ridiculous. Get your kids into learning music at an early age is all I can say.

Back