For the few of you that have watched Askren fight a few times.

It's hard to say. That's one of the reasons his inclusion to the roster would be so interesting. He's better than anyone in the UFC at certain grappling techniques, but worse than most in a lot of other areas.

I could see him being like Maia, where the odd guy can completely shut him down, while others look absolutely hopeless against him.

Pay the man, Dana.

Page is very good but Askren is literally the best wrestler in mma .

Not to mention page has exactly zero top 15 wins and barely squeaked a split decision over a bum in his last fight. He has been fed a steady diet of cans his entire career.

I'd say Askren beats him easily.
Thanks ... I thought I just said that.

Wonderboy would also beat him. But his biggest challenge and any 170lb fighters biggest challenge isn't in the UFC i'm afraid. The biggest threat to the 170lb division resides in Bellator and his name is Micheal Venom Page.

you mean Will Brooks 2.0?

The guy who just eked out a split decision against perennial nobody Fernando Ramirez (27-14)?

' He does not do in UFC. He does not eat Dana ass. He does not do. '
- Tze

he probably would have wrestlefucked himself a belt. not that belts really mean much.

Khabib 2.0

Takes out all draws and only people who could beat him have elite TDD and keep it standing which is few and far between if any. So basically bad for business.

he probably would have wrestlefucked himself a belt. not that belts really mean much.
Nope they would have made him win 12 in a row to get to a title show like Yoel or Jacare while giving strikers on 2 fight win streaks a chance instead.

Nope they would have made him win 12 in a row to get to a title show like Yoel or Jacare while giving strikers on 2 fight win streaks a chance instead.

well, depends.

now? probably.

i was thinking more along the lines of 'if he went from bellator to the ufc, instead of one fc' - which might have had his trajectory predate the excessive title shot favoritism of recent times.

Why do people who don't like grappling watch mma? Kickboxing is more your thing.

Askern would certainly have been a contender if not champ. Ufc or anywhere.

I imagine very few have watched several of his fights. Certainly not the people who hype him. If they did then they'd see how poor of a fighter he is, even against to absolute bums that he fights.

Wonderboy would also beat him. But his biggest challenge and any 170lb fighters biggest challenge isn't in the UFC i'm afraid. The biggest threat to the 170lb division resides in Bellator and his name is Micheal Venom Page.

HAHAHAHHA

good one.

That dudes not even champ in Bellator. Can't wait until Rory absolutely crushes him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back