For Diaz this is a no lose situation

DWB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It happens in every avenue of Sport. From time to time you just get a no lose situation. Nick Diaz won't lose any stock with a loss to the widely recognized GOAT. If he wins , well obviously his stock will soar. Sure there will be nay sayers who talk about Anderson being over the hill and they will be right to an extent. Anderson isn't what he used to be but that doesn't take away his legend status. He's still the greatest of all time and a win over him would mean a lot to anyone. But if Diaz loses even by KO it won't hurt his cred. I mean hell almost everyone is expecting it anyway. Plus Nick is the smaller guy moving up so that's another reason it won't and shouldn't tarnish his image at all if he loses.

Listen I am in no way shape or form a Diaz fan. I do respect him as a fighter and also enjoy watching his fights. His out of the ring antics usually annoy the hell out of me but so what. He is interesting that's for sure. But all that said I just think Nick can't really do wrong in this one. Maybe if it was a brutal KO (Franklin style) that might damage his ego and his street cred a tad but still, it's Anderson he's fighting afterall. But all in all his stock should rise, even if just a little with this fight.

That's what I and many others have been saying as well. If he loses he loses no validity and gets a huge payday. If he wins he enjoys the benefits of having a win over the great Anderson Silva and a huge payday.

People act like him taking this fight took HUGE balls but in reality he would be a fucking idiot if he didn't take that fight. Most any fighter in Nick's position would have done the same.

Win/Win

If Diaz loses, many will use MMAth to declare that Diaz is irrelevant. I would like to see several more Diaz fights, no way he beats Machida or Weidman though, maybe he could beat Vitor.

That's what I and many others have been saying as well. If he loses he loses no validity and gets a huge payday. If he wins he enjoys the benefits of having a win over the great Anderson Silva and a huge payday.

People act like him taking this fight took HUGE balls but in reality he would be a fucking idiot if he didn't take that fight. Most any fighter in Nick's position would have done the same.

Win/Win

Exactly!

The only thing Nick has to lose in this fight is his consciousness.

If Diaz loses, many will use MMAth to declare that Diaz is irrelevant. I would like to see several more Diaz fights, no way he beats Machida or Weidman though, maybe he could beat Vitor.

Or the other way, Diaz>Silva>Chael>Bisping>Hamill>Jones.

Diaz the GOAT

Or the other way, Diaz>Silva>Chael>Bisping>Hamill>Jones.

Diaz the GOAT

Great call!

I like both fighters here. Lately a lot of guys I like have been facing each other. I hate it because usually one of them is driven into irrelevance.

Oh and...

Diaz > Silva > Chael > Bisping > Hamil > Jones > DC > Bigfoot > Fedor

Anyone who beats: Chael, Bisping, Hamil, Silva or Diaz is auto-GOAT.

Yup you are very right but if I was his manager I would of looked for a fighter at 170 but that's just me.

It quite possibly could become the number one highlight reel loss of his career.

Or maybe he could fight at 170, a weight he makes with ease.

If Lawler loses convincingly in his next title defence, there's another nice payday for Nick. Then I would figure at 4 losses in a row with expensive contract UFC will cut him.

I like Nick at WW, I think he could put up entertaining fights with Hendricks, Lawler, Rory, Woodley, Gastelum...

Diaz is still dangerous, for all his flaws. If he loses, he probably has a payday in Bellator, where he could rehabilitate his record. I wonder whatever happened to him running his own MMA promotion?

Yup you are very right but if I was his manager I would of looked for a fighter at 170 but that's just me.

No, you would look for the fight that would give Nick the biggest pay day, which is Silva. I think both Diaz brothers are beyond caring about being champ right now. They just want the money fights.

That fight is Anderson Silva.

No, you would look for the fight that would give Nick the biggest pay day, which is Silva. I think both Diaz brothers are beyond caring about being champ right now. They just want the money fights.

That fight is Anderson Silva.

Machida.

Diaz vs Machida.

what do you mean?

Don't expect Nick to be complacent about this fight. He'll show up ready I have zero doubts. Diaz TKO round 2.

Diaz has something to lose. That said, I think Anderson will fight well, but Diaz is going to surprise everyone.

Win/Win

true dat

In the immortal words of Chubbs. "Spoken like a true asshole". Only someone with nothing invested can make such an idiotic statement. Let's not forget this no lose situation requires being punched and kicked by a trained killer.

Back