Foppa needs YOUR help... if you live in San Francisco

Foppa21

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok guys, here's the drill... And I know I'm leaving it late.

I'm going on vacation to Canadia land. However it requires a overnighter in San Francisco. I have no idea what's there or the lay of the land.

Essentially I'm flying in at around mid afternoon and flying out just before noon the next day. I'm shit scared of missing my flight the next day (jet lag and just camping out too far away) so I figured I'd stay close to the airport if possible. However I also want to see some sights during the afternoon/evening before before retreating back to my hotel and watching cable for the night. Sights = Golden Gate Bridge, Candlestick Park, that friggin steep hill in the video games.... Any mma shops in SF?

Will also do bjj (well I won't have a gi yet when i get to SF so I'll go no gi or borrow a gi) in the evening if someone is willing to pick my up and drop me back off.

So for now a) Anyone think of area relatively close to the airport but yet can get me to and from the sights.

b) How much would the public transport be? How difficult is it to catch. By some of the websites I've breezed through, I hear that cabs pretty much require the donation of one's left nut and naming rights on one's firstborn.

c) Who wants to train?????

I live about 40 miles away otherwise I'd help you out man.

The SF airport is in the suburbs of SF. Its in a city called Milbrae which is probably like 15 minutes out of SF. I think our public transit system BART goes to the SF airport. You can take that into the city. Then you can take the cable car if you want a tour of SF. I'll post more later when I get to work.

So I looked a little more into it Foppa and our BART system does run to the SF airport. If you want to take a tour of the city, you'd either need a rental car or take the cable car. The city is so spread out. If you want a rental car you can get it from the airport.

If you want to take the cable car take bart to the powell street exit. Theres a lot of stuff around this area.

So I looked a little more into it Foppa and our BART system does run to the SF airport. If you want to take a tour of the city, you'd either need a rental car or take the cable car. The city is so spread out. If you want a rental car you can get it from the airport.

If you want to take the cable car take bart to the powell street exit. Theres a lot of stuff around this area.

dont need a rental car. take BART from SFO into downtown SF...get off at powell, the heart of downtown and union square. u can also walk to chinatown from there, definitely worth visiting.

next, take MUNI, BART, or a cable car a few blocks down to the embarcadero. you could walk there too, its a nice scenic walk through downtown and the financial district.

walk the embarcadero, pier 39, grab some fresh seafood and enjoy the sights, people, and street performers. maybe visit coit tower if u have time, great view of the city and the bay area, including the golden gate and bay bridge.

u can also just catch a cab from the embarcadero to the golden gate. when youre ready just take a cab back to BART and take it back to SFO.

candlestick is out of the way, and really isnt much to see (coming from a huge diehard niner fan) but you should definitely check out the giant's park, also at one end of the embarcadero.

as far as mma, fairtex sf is in downtown, as is ralph gracie's school and fight & fitness.

plan your bart trip at http://www.bart.gov

stay in south san francisco, there are plenty of hotels, also there is a bjj school in daly city, Fairtex in the city, and you can take bart/trains

I'm not going to rock up to just any gym for a night alone.... There's nothing worse that showing up for one night. Everyone looks at you like fresh meat and they look to teara shreds into you knowing that they'll never have to see you again lol

Back